THE big news story of 2022 and maybe the rest of the century

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Here it is:

That, sports fans, is what you call news. It doesn't mean that a fusion reactor will show u- in your neighborhood next year, but maybe sooner then everyone thought. I especially like the energy production figures. This is like having the Wright brothers take off at Kitty Hawk: the rest is now just a matter of time and money.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Wow this is really great news! There are a number of interesting concepts both public and private for the first time in decades making huge progress. Fusion has always been 10 years away, but I am starting to believe 2030 we will have multiple fusion reactor designs generating electricity. As a BEE degree holder this stuff geeks me out

But much more importantly I need to go back now and let everyone else know just how much our football coaches suck /sarcasm

slugboy

Staff member
Wow this is really great news! There are a number of interesting concepts both public and private for the first time in decades making huge progress. Fusion has always been 10 years away, but I am starting to believe 2030 we will have multiple fusion reactor designs generating electricity. As a BEE degree holder this stuff geeks me out

But much more importantly I need to go back now and let everyone else know just how much our football coaches suck /sarcasm
I’d be deeply impressed if we commercialized this within the next 8 years. Going from research to development can be really painful