The best troll ever... my dream...

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
So, at some point in the future, I'd love to see us be in head to head recruiting showdown with UNC. The recruit can do the hat show, whatever they want. But when it's time to announce, they say

"At this time is like to announce my commitment to North.......

Avenue Trade School. I'll be attending Georgia Tech."

Sorry if anyone else wouldn't enjoy this as much as I would! I just can't stand UNCheat.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
So, at some point in the future, I'd love to see us be in head to head recruiting showdown with UNC. The recruit can do the hat show, whatever they want. But when it's time to announce, they say

"At this time is like to announce my commitment to North.......

Avenue Trade School. I'll be attending Georgia Tech."

Sorry if anyone else wouldn't enjoy this as much as I would! I just can't stand UNCheat.

I hear you. UNC is just about as an elitist, arrogant, insufferable a bunch as one can imagine but there is only so much hate to go around what with Miami, UGA, Clemson, Virginia Tech and so forth. As a Tech fan, you have to pick your own hill to die on. Me, I am a dyed in the wool UGA hater with a little bit left over for Miami and Virginia Tech.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I hear you. UNC is just about as an elitist, arrogant, insufferable a bunch as one can imagine but there is only so much hate to go around what with Miami, UGA, Clemson, Virginia Tech and so forth. As a Tech fan, you have to pick your own hill to die on. Me, I am a dyed in the wool UGA hater with a little bit left over for Miami and Virginia Tech.

I actually liked UNC pretty well before we put an office in Raleigh about 10 years ago. I spend a lot of time there now and my dislike for UNC fans has grown exponentially. Although I still would put Ugag, Miami and Clemson as more hated and bigger games, both Puke and UNC are closing in every year. Thankfully unlike you I have plenty of hate to go around for all 5 :).

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What I can't understand is how UNC fans can actually show up in the stands and cheer. If Tech had had a series of outrageous academic (sic) scandals like they've had up there recently, I would be ashamed to show my face in public. The level of exploitation of athletes shown there - and in multiple programs, mind - make even Bama look like a paragon of virtue. I have seldom seen a more heartbreaking show then the networks ran when this broke, interviewing young men who had gone to UNC and could barely read when they got out. The worst: most of them came with the idea of getting an education and were actively discouraged by the coaches up there from trying to get one.

Their athletic program is a national disgrace!

What I can't understand is how UNC fans can actually show up in the stands and cheer. If Tech had had a series of outrageous academic (sic) scandals like they've had up there recently, I would be ashamed to show my face in public. The level of exploitation of athletes shown there - and in multiple programs, mind - make even Bama look like a paragon of virtue. I have seldom seen a more heartbreaking show then the networks ran when this broke, interviewing young men who had gone to UNC and could barely read when they got out. The worst: most of them came with the idea of getting an education and were actively discouraged by the coaches up there from trying to get one.

Their athletic program is a national disgrace!
The UNC fans are probably like the Georgia fans. You know damn well, the entire team could be filled with cheats and druggies and just plain losers, and the mutt fans would still show up 92,000 strong to cheer them on. After all, the Jan Kemp revelations or the Jim Harrick exams didn't faze them. VERY SAD !!!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
One of today's 2018 A-Back commits - Tijai Whatley thread

Scout: Whatley felt at home at GT
Whatley made his final visit today to Chapel Hill to visit North Carolina. “It was nice and the visit went okay.” Comparing the academics at North Carolina to Georgia Tech was one of the deciding factors in his decision. The coaches at Carolina talked to Tijai about the academic scandal and let him know that it was behind them. “While that may be true, the trips to Georgia Tech were much better and I liked it better than North Carolina.”

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The UNC fans are probably like the Georgia fans. You know damn well, the entire team could be filled with cheats and druggies and just plain losers, and the mutt fans would still show up 92,000 strong to cheer them on. After all, the Jan Kemp revelations or the Jim Harrick exams didn't faze them. VERY SAD !!!
Oh, (u)GA fans were plenty fazed about that Jan Kemp scandal--at the audacity that a faculty member would try to embarrass the holy football program...