The Bats

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We've focused on The Arms which are holding the team back. What about the bats?

Batting average and scoring 10th in the NCAA!
Slugging percentage 2nd! http://stats.ncaa.org/team/255.0/12560

We have an offense that has consistently mauled the opponents. And the best part is that it is from top to bottom. Our top nine hitters have a batting average from .464 to .234. And an on base percentage of .524 to .265. When Ryan Peurifoy is your weak link, you have a pretty awesome line-up. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/stats/2016-2017/teamcume.html

And I'll bet that Stallings at #10 for the team, who has a .226 BA will end the year higher. He had a .299 last year.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I agree that we have a great lineup, but the early season opposition has driven the performance up to a degree. The ACC will bring a lot of this back to reality.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Entering the 2nd weekend of ACC action, here are some of our numbers, national ranking in parenthesis:

TEAM
Slugging % - .551 (2nd)
HR/game - 1.8 (4th)
Doubles/game - 2.67 (9th)
Scoring - 8.6 r/gm (14th)

INDIVIDUAL
Runs/game - 1.8 (W.Bailey - 1st)
HR/game - .53 (J.Bart - 1st)
HR/game - .40 (K.Johnson - 17th)
Slugging % - .859 (J.Bart - 5th)
RBI/game - 1.47 (J.Bart & K.Johnson - 12th)
Total Bases - 55 (J.Bart - 4th)

There are more... but Bailey, Bart, Johnson, and Wilhite (leading team with .429 BA) are really impressive at the plate so far this season.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Norcross’ Craport, Buford’s Bart bring big bats to top of the Tech order
“Growing up, I strived to play (in the field) wherever (needed by his team),” Craport said. “Catching was obviously my primary (position), but I always got a chance to do everything. So it made it difficult for me to have to stay longer to be able to get the reps in catching and pitching and whatever kind of position they wanted me to work at. It was definitely a challenge, but I enjoyed the challenge of finding a position like third base and progressing the way I have.

“(The role on the team has) definitely been something that I didn’t think would be as big as it is now, but I progressed and kept working hard and got my opportunity last year, things kept going the right way.”
“I changed some things, made some adjustments over the summer in the Cape,” Bart said. “And I kind of brought them back here with me to Tech. I found out a little bit how to hit the ball (more) in the air, but I’ve still got a lot of work to do, which I’m looking forward to. It’s been a huge developmental year.”