The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
How much you want to bet the Indiana vs Ohio State game gets cancelled? And Ohio State backs into the playoffs with 5 games played... which shouldn't be allowed.
If Trevor Lawrence can't be in the heisman picture because he missed two games, ohio state shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs in that case.

Deleted member 2897

If Trevor Lawrence can't be in the heisman picture because he missed two games, ohio state shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs in that case.

The ironic thing is that Trevor Lawrence is going to miss like 4 games this year...of stats, because of how many second halves he's sat out of due to large leads.

Deleted member 2897

He tested positive, but then tested negative multiple times afterwords and never had symptoms. It sounds like this time they consider it to be a true positive.

That is my recollection - they were pretty positive he was negative because of all the negatives after the positive. This time they're pretty positive he's positive because of the lack of negatives.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That is my recollection - they were pretty positive he was negative because of all the negatives after the positive. This time they're pretty positive he's positive because of the lack of negatives.
Plus they say he has symptoms.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Are you positive?
Not for Covid, and not in information that the Alabama athletic association puts out either. Like many other organizations, they put out information in such ways as to say only what they want people to understand. Might be true. Might be completely false. Might be somewhat true, but skewed in a way to make people believe something different than the truth.

BTW: I did catch the pun.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Bull****. Ohio State can back in only playing 5 games or so while everyone else plays at least 8? How is that fair? The Big10 should be ineligible for the CFP.
Which four teams would you include if you leave out Ohio State?

Yea it’s a crazy year. I don’t see them leaving Ohio State out even at 4-0, it’s gonna get crazy that’s for damn sure.
What is the rationale for including the B1G winner if they have only five or six games?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Which four teams would you include if you leave out Ohio State?
Literally any team in the top 10 who has played more than 4 games... I don't care how good Ohio State is, it is unfair and BS to allow them into the playoffs only having played 4-5 games while everyone else plays 8+ games. The committee is just rewarding them for not playing, if I was any of the other teams in the top 5 I would just "postpone" all my games to make sure I don't get anymore losses and can get into the playoffs.

Deleted member 2897

Literally any team in the top 10 who has played more than 4 games... I don't care how good Ohio State is, it is unfair and BS to allow them into the playoffs only having played 4-5 games while everyone else plays 8+ games. The committee is just rewarding them for not playing, if I was any of the other teams in the top 5 I would just "postpone" all my games to make sure I don't get anymore losses and can get into the playoffs.

Exactly, and let all your injuries heal, etc. Notre Dame should just claim COVID and contact tracing and sit out until the ACCCG.

Milwaukee

Banned
There’s no way that right now UGA at 9 could stay on the same field as Ohio St though. You seem to just hate Ohio St.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
You seem to just hate Ohio St.
Not really, I am hoping their QB Justin Fields becomes the Falcons new QB hahaha. I just don't think it's fair for the CFP to allow Ohio State to be in their just because even though they have played 4-5 less games than every other team. So they are more rested, less injuries, with only 4 games played. How is that fair? What incentive to any of the other teams have to play anymore games when they could just cancel because of "covid" and then still get into the playoffs?

I don't want Ohio State, or any Big10 team, to get in just on principle that the Big10 said they wouldn't play, saw that everyone else was, and then backtracked and expect to get to get in even if they play less games than everyone else.