The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

5 major games canceled this week. The PAC12 and BIG10 played themselves by waiting until the fall surge to get started. At this point, I don't see bowl games beyond the CFP happening. This is one of the reasons I am not too upset about how this season has gone. It's better than nothing, which was a very real possibility.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

5 major games canceled this week. The PAC12 and BIG10 played themselves by waiting until the fall surge to get started. At this point, I don't see bowl games beyond the CFP happening. This is one of the reasons I am not too upset about how this season has gone. It's better than nothing, which was a very real possibility.

This is a good point and the fragility of the entire schedule is likely increasing as the weather forces more activities indoors. The case numbers nationally are quite scary right now.

Deleted member 2897

Parts of the Pac12 are practicing irresponsibly too. They’ve had to cancel games because of 1 single positive case because they had the entire team in close contact with each other. That’s just stupid.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Pitt had seven players out for their opener against Austin Peay, so this must be much more widespread. I have never thought of Narduzzi as wuss coach. He is all man.

Deleted member 2897

Pitt had seven players out for their opener against Austin Peay, so this must be much more widespread. I have never thought of Narduzzi as wuss coach. He is all man.

I wasn’t referring to him. He may be, but based on what I read they have a very large number of players unable to play. Missou canceled because (their words) they don’t have enough players available on their DL. Todd said he’s fine with us joining in to cancel because we have a couple cases and several injuries - maybe it was just poorly worded, but that’s sad. (Sorry oriental, I edited this after you hit like.)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
it’s almost like they should take a top 4 right now - Clemson, Notre Dame, Alabama, whoever. And announce that those 4 are in the playoffs and then quarantine for the next month before they play the games.
I am holding my breath about the rest of the season. I know there is a ton of money at stake, but the wheels are coming off.

For me the football season is a disappointment, but losing basketball is now my major concern.

GT_EE78

Banned
Not necessarily, since the quarantine and contact tracing protocols are restrictive. Info sharing is poor to slow this year so it may take a few ... to find out how many are actually infected versus false positives and isolated. I just hope the GT actual infections are low.