The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well remember, these are college students and he has a girlfriend. It is unfair and an impossible ask for him to never be in any social settings. It is infinitely more likely that is where he got it than from a teammate. Besides, over half of the Clemson football team has had Covid (a third had it by mid-June), so they almost have a quasi-herd immunity amongst themselves.
A positive test can come anytime from 2 days after exposure to almost 14 days. It is probably the case that Trevor testing positive on Wednesday could be followed by teammates being tested positive on Friday or Sunday.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
IMO Clemson could lose and it wouldn't matter.
If they make the ACC CG and win they will get a spot in the playoffs as I think the Committee will say with Trevor Lawrence they are one of the 4 best teams in the country.

Deleted member 2897

If they make the ACC CG and win they will get a spot in the playoffs as I think the Committee will say with Trevor Lawrence they are one of the 4 best teams in the country.

losing to Boston College would still be a really bad look though. Their number two quarterback was one of the top recruits in the entire country, and the rest of their team is still fully intact. I expect them to win today by a comfortable margin, something at least like 35-10.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
At this point, the ACC champ is in playoff. The interesting scenario is ND beats Trevor-less Clemson next week... runs table to ACCCG. Clemson wins that rematch. Would likely be 2 ACC teams in playoffs. I don't think ND is one of the best 4 teams... but I think they are in in that scenario.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Sad that this may be only year ND is in the ACC for FB and could win the ACC championship. Glad the wimp Swafford is finally leaving and PLEASE no UNC homer to replace him.

GT_EE78

Banned
losing to Boston College would still be a really bad look though. Their number two quarterback was one of the top recruits in the entire country, and the rest of their team is still fully intact. I expect them to win today by a comfortable margin, something at least like 35-10.
A loss could effect their playoff seed. They don't want to open against Bama

Deleted member 2897

At this point, the ACC champ is in playoff. The interesting scenario is ND beats Trevor-less Clemson next week... runs table to ACCCG. Clemson wins that rematch. Would likely be 2 ACC teams in playoffs. I don't think ND is one of the best 4 teams... but I think they are in in that scenario.

I don’t think the Big Ten or Pac12 should be allowed at all. I’d take a 9-2 ACC team over a 7-0 BigTen.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think the Big Ten or Pac12 should be allowed at all. I’d take a 9-2 ACC team over a 7-0 BigTen.
Agreed. They should have been told to scram. I am kind of hoping Ohio State losses so they have no shot at the playoffs.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If I heard correctly this week.... Army has accepted (already) an invite to the Independence Bowl. The PAC12 is tied in as the other team in that bowl. So.. Army (6-1) is going to a bowl game to play a team TBD that has not played Gm1 yet. Weird times.

Deleted member 2897

If I heard correctly this week.... Army has accepted (already) an invite to the Independence Bowl. The PAC12 is tied in as the other team in that bowl. So.. Army (6-1) is going to a bowl game to play a team TBD that has not played Gm1 yet. Weird times.

Well to be fair, the Pac 12 doesn’t play football anyway.

Deleted member 2897

just turned it on
BC leads 28-26 in 4th Q (13 m to go)
tiggers driving @25

BC was way up early and hasn’t scored in a very long time. I’m not surprised that Clemson may only score 35 or 40 points. I’m shocked that Clemson has their regular defense and gave up 28 points in the first half alone.

GT_EE78

Banned
BC was way up early and hasn’t scored in a very long time. I’m not surprised that Clemson may only score 35 or 40 points. I’m shocked that Clemson has their regular defense and gave up 28 points in the first half alone.
now they trail32-28 goin for 2

Deleted member 2897

BTW that one Indiana football player who had bad COVID symptoms ended up fully recovering and passed all subsequent medical tests and has been back practicing and playing with the team as of a month ago. Never missed a game thankfully.

Deleted member 2897

Opening day of part of the Pac-12 now canceled. Hard to have much sympathy. Still don’t know what they were ever thinking.

Deleted member 2897

More Pac-12 games canceled. In a statement, Utah appears to me to state that they will not divulge who or how many test positive, LOL

Deleted member 2897

Four SEC games postponed this weekend so far. This season is starting to get a bit bumpy.

Edit: Ohio St/Maryland cancelled also.

I saw Mizzou canceled on Georgia - it was only because of a couple cases in the article I read. But they felt because of contact tracing they didn’t have enough bodies on the DL. While not ideal, I wonder why you couldn’t play walk-ons or LBs or OLs or something. Even if you lose it seems better than not playing at all over just a single or a couple cases. The Pac12 had to cancel games because of a single case, as they weren’t separating players.