The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

LibertyTurns

Banned
It might be much lower than that. CDC has reported that only 6% of reported deaths were DUE to covid. the remainder were deaths with covid.
So that increase might be more like 0.1% if it needs to divide by 10 for realism.
My point was not there’s huge numbers or not huge numbers. I was just pointing out the conflicting statistics, in this case indicating Rona is a non event. It’s clearly different than that. One set of data says one thing, the other quite a different story. It all depends on what narrative your advocating. Nothing’s really changed since January- stay home if you’re sick, if you’re immunocompromised or have underlying risky conditions stay home, wash your hands, don't pack a subway, etc. You know, common sense. Everything else is just bull.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
It might be much lower than that. CDC has reported that only 6% of reported deaths were DUE to covid. the remainder were deaths with covid.
So that increase might be more like 0.1% if it needs to divide by 10 for realism.
The CDC never reported that only 6% of deaths were due to covid. They reported that 6% of the deaths LISTED it as the ONLY cause of death. The other 94% still died DUE to contracting covid AND complications from the disease, some of which were exacerbated by pre-existing conditions.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/cdc-6-percent-covid-deaths

Deleted member 2897

BIG news. This could change the complexion of the NCAA playoffs and ACC title:

This sucks. Why Dabo wasn’t direct snapping to his running back against us was beyond me. Remember as of a week ago he had no other healthy scholarship quarterback (1 was out dinged up when they played us and the other broke his wrist against us). When Deshaun Watson missed a few games due to his knee, Clemson’s defense won them games. I expect that will be the case here. I expect they’ll beat BC without Lawrence like 35-10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This sucks. Why Dabo wasn’t direct snapping to his running back against was beyond me. Remember as of a week ago he had no other healthy scholarship quarterback (1 was out dinged up when they played us and the other broke his wrist against us). When Deshaun Watson missed a few games due to his knee, Clemson’s defense won them games. I expect that will be the case here. I expect Lawrence to play against Notre Dame. I expect they’ll beat BC without Lawrence like 35-10.

ACC protocol is Covid negative for 10 days. Notre Dame game is 9 days away.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Remember Notre Dame postponed their game against freaking Wake Forest due to COVID tests, so fair is fair right? Clemson should tell Notre Dame they are postponing the game and reschedule it. Call it the Notre Dame precedent.
If Clemson is going through normal game week drills, Lawrence has been in close contact with a number of Clemson players. What is the ACC contact tracing protocol?

Deleted member 2897

If Clemson is going through normal game week drills, Lawrence has been in close contact with a number of Clemson players. What is the ACC contact tracing protocol?

Not necessarily. Especially given they have no other totally healthy scholarship QBs, I highly doubt they’re letting anybody get close to him. ACC protocols are at minimum 3 tests a week for everybody on the team. They of course can test even more if they want.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I read that it was 10 days OR 3 negative tests so it is still possible.

Granted I was being lazy and got my reference from the Facebook comments section so take it for what its worth 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 days from positive test or onset of symptoms. Don't believe you can test out.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Remember Notre Dame postponed their game against freaking Wake Forest due to COVID tests, so fair is fair right? Clemson should tell Notre Dame they are postponing the game and reschedule it. Call it the Notre Dame precedent.
they but BC would have to move their game with ND to Nov 21 and then ND could play Clemson on Nov 14 not sure thay would want to do it.

Deleted member 2897

Saturday will give us a good look into the future for what Clemson will be like. I expect a pretty remarkable difference. I still think they will win handily but at least three touchdowns. But I think they could’ve won by six or seven touchdowns otherwise. Like 35-10 when it would’ve been 55-10.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
The 10 days count the day of the game. So 10 days would be the day of the ND game. Unless he has significant symptoms, I would be shocked if Trevor doesn't play. But he has reported symptoms, so this could be more problematic. If no other Clemson players are testing positive, I think it will be tough to postpone the game. Even if ND wins, it will be likely they would meet again in the ACC championship game.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
But he has reported symptoms, so this could be more problematic. If no other Clemson players are testing positive
I find this interesting. ONLY Trevor Lawrence tested positive? That seems extremely odd and almost impossible. If he caught it how would no one else have? Makes me wonder if it was a false positive, but if he is showing symptoms that isn't likely.

GT_EE78

Banned
Tiggers still have a 5star ready in D.J. Uiagalelei.
I have doubts that Lawrence would miss it.
"It is unconfirmed at this time when those symptoms began for Lawrence. Coupled with ACC isolation protocols, it appears possible that he could be cleared to play against Notre Dame on Saturday, Nov. 7."

Deleted member 2897

I find this interesting. ONLY Trevor Lawrence tested positive? That seems extremely odd and almost impossible. If he caught it how would no one else have? Makes me wonder if it was a false positive, but if he is showing symptoms that isn't likely.

Well remember, these are college students and he has a girlfriend. It is unfair and an impossible ask for him to never be in any social settings. It is infinitely more likely that is where he got it than from a teammate. Besides, over half of the Clemson football team has had Covid (a third had it by mid-June), so they almost have a quasi-herd immunity amongst themselves.