The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

LibertyTurns

Banned
Makes you wonder how many university presidents in the Big Ten based their vote on false information.
They’re no different than a large segment of the population. Most based their decision on what they heard on tv or some politician told them. They all need to wear those Lefty Drissell skull caps with the gage on empty as punishment for being imbeciles.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Makes you wonder how many university presidents in the Big Ten based their vote on false information.
According to the article I posted, the doctor who made those statements had never spoken to the Penn State president about them directly.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So, does that mean the ”data” wasn’t shared during Big Ten meetings where they decided to postpone the football season?

Try Electric Styles. 2 ply with a replaceable filter, adjustable ear piece and nose piece. Actually pretty comfortable and washable.
Thought you would be interested in knowing that today I got the masks I designed and ordered from Electric Styles. I am VERY SATISFIED with the product, and they apparently ignored, or maybe were not aware of, logo branding rules, because they sent me exactly what I ordered. My Snapshot - cropped.jpg

It's a little hard to see in this photo, but above and below the GT, it says "TOGETHER WE SWARM"

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Thought you would be interested in knowing that today I got the masks I designed and ordered from Electric Styles. I am VERY SATISFIED with the product, and they apparently ignored, or maybe were not aware of, logo branding rules, because they sent me exactly what I ordered.View attachment 8923

It's a little hard to see in this photo, but above and below the GT, it says "TOGETHER WE SWARM"
How much did you pay that handsome young man to model that thing? :cool: (y)

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Thought you would be interested in knowing that today I got the masks I designed and ordered from Electric Styles. I am VERY SATISFIED with the product, and they apparently ignored, or maybe were not aware of, logo branding rules, because they sent me exactly what I ordered.View attachment 8923

Your masks are AWESOME and DAMN I would love to procure some of the same. WELL DONE!

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Damn,Tennessee is lucky their games were delayed, seeing as 44 of their players went into quarantine today. It would be tough to play any team at any level if they have entire position groups wiped out for the next two weeks. Some teams are going to lose or forfeit because they have too many players in quarantine on game day.

We will see more of this over the next several weeks. That seems relatively harmless, but it has nothing to do with the immediate danger to the players (although the clinical reports of new serious heart issues in healthy young people have been recorded and the long term health implications are yet to be known right now), it's the secondary and tertiary contacts that are suffering. That "small" wedding in Maine has resulted in outbreaks in other distant and unrelated locations with hundreds of cases, hospitalizations, and three deaths SO FAR of people who were not remotely involved at all in the wedding... but their infections have been traced to the wedding. You don't think there are going to be huge liability lawsuits over this?

This is why many college presidents made the decisions they did... their number one job is to protect their institutions from liability for things they have control over. Off campus parties they are not responsible nor liable for, but allowing sweaty players wrestling on the football field with each other and with players from outside their bubble, they are.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty easy to do. If you want to know how, let me know. I have to warn you though that custom-made ones cost $30.00, there is a minimum order of 2, and delivery time is about a month.
Hell I'd do it for twice that. I ordered three masks that look like a smiling Golden Retriever's face for that much but couldn't find a suitable Tech mask that I would buy.

Seriously, Good On Ya for designing those and having them made. I still want anything I can get with this old Tech T and original Yellow Jacket logo on it which was in vogue when I was a student.

1599364756338.png

Hell I'd do it for twice that. I ordered three masks that look like a smiling Golden Retriever's face for that much but couldn't find a suitable Tech mask that I would buy.

Seriously, Good On Ya for designing those and having them made. I still want anything I can get with this old Tech T and original Yellow Jacket logo on it which was in vogue when I was a student.

View attachment 8934
Well, go to https://www.electricstyles.com/, select "Face Masks", and then "Design Your Own", and have at it. If you want the color coordinates for "Tech Gold", they are RGB: 179, 163, 105. Unfortunately, I did not have those coordinates when I ordered mine, but I came pretty close in what I did use.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow

Deleted member 2897

Damn,Tennessee is lucky their games were delayed, seeing as 44 of their players went into quarantine today. It would be tough to play any team at any level if they have entire position groups wiped out for the next two weeks. Some teams are going to lose or forfeit because they have too many players in quarantine on game day.

We will see more of this over the next several weeks. That seems relatively harmless, but it has nothing to do with the immediate danger to the players (although the clinical reports of new serious heart issues in healthy young people have been recorded and the long term health implications are yet to be known right now), it's the secondary and tertiary contacts that are suffering. That "small" wedding in Maine has resulted in outbreaks in other distant and unrelated locations with hundreds of cases, hospitalizations, and three deaths SO FAR of people who were not remotely involved at all in the wedding... but their infections have been traced to the wedding. You don't think there are going to be huge liability lawsuits over this?

This is why many college presidents made the decisions they did... their number one job is to protect their institutions from liability for things they have control over. Off campus parties they are not responsible nor liable for, but allowing sweaty players wrestling on the football field with each other and with players from outside their bubble, they are.

Bingo - that’s what we’ve been saying here for a long time. It’s not about the health and safety of their students. It’s about risk, liability, and money. Playing football never was and never will be a big health risk with respect to COVID - and certainly not on par with all kinds of other health risks. We’ve had thousands and thousands and thousands of students get COVID now at college. The reporting on any of those students actually getting sick is all but non existent. We can all still hope and pray that some day the colleges let their students make their own decisions on who wants to play or not...just like it’s always been with things that were infinitely more dangerous. Some games may need to be canceled if a bunch of players were recently at a house party and are currently positive. IIWII. They always knew the biggest risk by far for spread was social activities. But indeed they can claim plausible deniability, yet still get all their tuition, dorm, and meal plan money. $$$$$$

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I am so starved for football that I watched the 4th quarter of the Army v. Middle Tennessee game. Army's last possession was a 19 play, 99 yard TD drive that used 12:26 of clock. A thing of beauty.
I watched the entire SMU vs Texas State game and it was awesome. Great game. Makes me worried for Georgia State having to play Texas State hahaha. But one thing that stuck out to me, Texas State started a true freshman at QB and they almost beat SMU, who was ranked 15 at one point last year. I don't know it really got me thinking maybe with this year being a free year we should just start one of our true freshman at QB to let them get a lot of experience for next year.

Deleted member 2897

A little behind the scenes on the big ten action (Michigan President is a major road block to the return)
https://www.si.com/college/michigan...way-big-ten-football-2020-season-jim-harbaugh

Meanwhile, high school, college, and professional football continues to be played across those same states without issue.

"Next, September 12 is a key date. That is the deadline for the Big Ten to submit its internal reasoning/evidence for cancelling the fall season for discovery to a Nebraska county court. Given the Big Ten previously told the judge that transparency could harm the league, further potential embarrassments abound once that is unsealed for the public."

LOL, when someone says transparency could harm the league, you know its a mess.