The ACC in the bowls

I wonder where are all the critics of Charlie Strong, that claimed that once he was away from UF and on his own that he wouldn't be able to recruit very well.

It really is amazing how disciplined UL is playing vs. Miami, on both Off. and on Def.

Another thing that is amazing is how good T.Bridgewater is, he came out the same year as Vad Lee did, and he looks like the best QB in all of CFB, it makes you wonder how he can learn so much in such a short time.

Coming out of HS he was the #113 ranked Recruit and a 4* guy which is very good, but he has out-played his ranking even as a 4*.

Last edited:

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Whiskey_Clear: I don't hate Miami, they just stunk in the bowl game. A record of 3-2 in the bowl games is hardly a good statement by the ACC, especially with Maryland and Miami being beaten soundly. Maryland was beaten soundly by Marshall! Regardless if Maryland and Miami are not liked by some Tech fans has nothing to do with the present results of the ACC, the results are still not great.

We will see how the rest of the bowl season progresses. Only the lesser teams (records) in the ACC have won so far, and they were matched against other lesser teams from the nation. I wanted the ACC to win all the games, but I am not blind and understand we are not doing great at this time.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Whiskey_Clear: I don't hate Miami, they just stunk in the bowl game. A record of 3-2 in the bowl games is hardly a good statement by the ACC, especially with Maryland and Miami being beaten soundly. Maryland was beaten soundly by Marshall! Regardless if Maryland and Miami are not liked by some Tech fans has nothing to do with the present results of the ACC, the results are still not great.

We will see how the rest of the bowl season progresses. Only the lesser teams (records) in the ACC have won so far, and they were matched against other lesser teams from the nation. I wanted the ACC to win all the games, but I am not blind and understand we are not doing great at this time.

Let's see UNC 6-6 against 9-4 Cincinnati Win, 6-6 Syracuse against 8-4 Minnesota Win, 6-6 Pittsburgh against 10-3 Bowling Green Win. Looks like the ACC "lesser" teams have done pretty well against the "lesser" teams from the AAC (Big East), the Big 10 and a "greater" team from the MAC. Louisville 11-1 is a much better team than Miami 8-4 and showed it. Marshall 10-4 lost in their conference championship game and the MD game was a one score gmae until late. While I would have loved to see the ACC 5-0 at this stage, 3-2 is about what I would have expected.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Let's see UNC 6-6 against 9-4 Cincinnati Win, 6-6 Syracuse against 8-4 Minnesota Win, 6-6 Pittsburgh against 10-3 Bowling Green Win. Looks like the ACC "lesser" teams have done pretty well against the "lesser" teams from the AAC (Big East), the Big 10 and a "greater" team from the MAC. Louisville 11-1 is a much better team than Miami 8-4 and showed it. Marshall 10-4 lost in their conference championship game and the MD game was a one score gmae until late. While I would have loved to see the ACC 5-0 at this stage, 3-2 is about what I would have expected.

I agree. I think the perception of the ACC will be set by the Tech, Clemson, Duke, and FSU games. FSU will be a win I think. Our game is a toss up...Clemson is too I think. Duke is likely a loss. I'm not expecting people to crown the ACC the new king of the hill when all is said and done. Ill be happy with respectable showing. Our game is the most important (to me) but FSU is big for national perception.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Remaing games & my view in percentage odds: Ole Miss/GT - 53/47; Arizona/Boston College - 55/45, UCLA/VT 60/40, Texas A&M 70/30, Ohio State/Clemson 55/45, Auburn/FSU 40/60. Of course, I would like to see us win all six games.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Remaing games & my view in percentage odds: Ole Miss/GT - 53/47; Arizona/Boston College - 55/45, UCLA/VT 60/40, Texas A&M 70/30, Ohio State/Clemson 55/45, Auburn/FSU 40/60. Of course, I would like to see us win all six games.
Only two I would disagree with you on is that I think Duke has a 15% chance, at best. And I would put Ohio State at 60 or 65%. Otherwise, I think you and I pretty much agree.