The ACC in the bowls

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
UNC is manhandling the bearcats right now. My wife is in Charlotte and they were downtown last night, said they had a great time. My granddaughter (age 3) chased down the bearcat mascot and had her picture amde with him ;)

Man, I don't know if North Carolina wins this game, but they have really come to play. They are playing like a first rate team. Phew 16-0!!!

Couldn't agree more.

As an outsider I have to wonder why it took Fedora so long to realize that Renner would never lead them anywhere and that Williams was better the better QB all along.

IMO the decision by Fedora to play Renner so much over the last 2 seasons has cost UNC at least 4 wins over the last 2 seasons and maybe more.

The UNC offense doesn't look anything like it looked when Renner was playing.

BTW, it is time to pay the players, it is a shame when place like Cincy can pay a guy like Tubberfield close to 3 million dollars per season, the money has exploded for everyone involved except for those that generate it.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Nick Switzer breaks all time Ncaa punt return record with his 5th of the year
Tied at 5 but still impressive nonetheless as a true Freshmen.

Cincy botched that one though. The guys that got to Switzer first looked like they were thinking about dinner already.

Tied at 5 but still impressive nonetheless as a true Freshmen.

Cincy botched that one though. The guys that got to Switzer first looked like they were thinking about dinner already.

They should have blasted him since he didn't put his hand up, but the Refs have scared players so much with the new Safety rules, that they ran by and one player touched him and forgot to blast him.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Klaus: I agree, Renner never looked that good to me. He had his moments, but was inconsistent. North Carolina will be hard to beat next year. By the way, I will never want the College players to be paid; it will destroy College football. The players already get about a $100,000 a year education that nobody else gets. However, the money for coaches is ridiculous.

Let's hope Miami can continue the winning in the bowls.

Klaus: I agree, Renner never looked that good to me. He had his moments, but was inconsistent. North Carolina will be hard to beat next year. By the way, I will never want the College players to be paid; it will destroy College football. The players already get about a $100,000 a year education that nobody else gets. However, the money for coaches is ridiculous.

Let's hope Miami can continue the winning in the bowls.

If you can't reign in coaching salaries and those sweetheart contracts that have them getting paid for nothing if you have to fire them, then only way slow it down is to pay the players, they aren't going to increase the money for the non-revenue sports, and there's only so many luxury facilities they can build.

With Bama now paying over $7 mil per year and Texas about to do the same you now have college HCs making more than Super Bowl winning HCs like Tomlin at Pittsburgh, even Tubberville at Cincy makes $3.0 mil per year.

The only thing left to slow down coaching salaries is to take a chunk of the windfall and pay the players, the value of the education pales in comparison to the merchandising and TV revenue generated by these players.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry but I just can't find any way to pull for Miami. Louisville being in the acc next year has got to count for something.