The ACC in the bowls

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A-C-C A-C-C A-C-C

Made me remember how awesome it was to have a threat at kick returner. I'm guessing we missed 1 or 2 game changing plays with Golden out this year.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Great evening. Syracuse literally did not go into prevent until the final play of the game. Almost cost them, but I love that they stuck with what worked for most of game.

It's nice to see the two ACC newcomers represent the conference well in their first year.

Nice win Cuse, loved the aggressive defense at the end, way to represent, GO ACC!

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
We have won only one bowl game in a long time. At one time we was the top team in percentage wins in bowl games in the nation. We have slipped badly. The other teams in the league will soon be wanting us out of the league if we continue to falter and not hold up the winning ways in the league. We will now have to look for Duke to uphold the prestige of the ACC.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We have won only one bowl game in a long time. At one time we was the top team in percentage wins in bowl games in the nation. We have slipped badly. The other teams in the league will soon be wanting us out of the league if we continue to falter and not hold up the winning ways in the league. We will now have to look for Duke to uphold the prestige of the ACC.

Is this meant to be taken seriously or are you being facetious?

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
CuseJacket: Tongue-in-cheek! I was serious about being the top bowl team in the nation at one time, and about losing that spot in the last 20 years. There are a lot of students that know little or nothing about Duke's past or Tech's past. Duke was a tough team to beat in the past when Wallace Wade was their coach. Of course, Tech was very good when Dodd coached them. However, I have been reading in the past few years of the students, who are wet behind the ears, talk about Duke and Wake Forest should be forced out of the ACC becasue they could not win. They would also rant about the teams in the ACC who would lose their bowl games making the ACC look bad. The worm has turned and we are one of the teams who have been unable to win bowl games except the farce played against USC last year. So, some of it was serious and some of it was poking fun at the newbies who really don't know that much about the history of the ACC teams nor College football in general.