The 10 toughest losses in FSU football history (Nos. 6-10)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Georgia Tech prominently on this list from Warchant (Rivals)

No. 10
Nov. 1, 2008: Georgia Tech 31, FSU 28

It will forever be known as the "Marcus Sims" game. Which, you know, might not be fair to a legacy player who had some nice moments in his career. But that's how life works sometimes.

With Florida State driving in for the game-winning score against the Yellow Jackets that evening in Atlanta, Sims came in to relieve freshman tailback Jermaine Thomas, who had just run for multiple first downs to get the Seminoles inside the Georgia Tech 5-yard line. The Seminoles were well within field goal range, of course, but they were also just a few yards from winning the game.

Thomas had rushed for 130 yards on nine carries, but it was Sims who would get the fateful carry. As he approached the hole on the left side of the line of scrimmage, a defender pushed through, the ball popped out and the Yellow Jackets recovered in the end zone.

The loss not only kept FSU from a 10-win season, but it very well may have cost the Seminoles a chance to play in the ACC championship game as well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So ... a couple things, @CuseJacket

First of all, thanks for posting. 'Nole tears are always sweet with a citrus-y aftertaste.

Next, a message for Rashad Reid ... "Just fall on the bawl, Rashad!"

Watching that clip, I relived the same stroke-attack I had when he tried to pick it up in the endzone even though I knew how the play turned out.

Now everybody go buy a jar o' Rashad's bbq sauce to celebrate this coming holiday weekend.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member