The “Money Men”

yellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
There are many references to individual big donors who have much influence on Stansbury especially in regard to the hiring and support of Geoff Collins. There a number of astute posters on this board who seem to be close to the football program and the Athletic Department. Who are these people..,.sure not me!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Seriously, you are inquiring after our own Illuminati here? In public? If I were you, I would get my affairs in order. Sooner rather than later.

But if you must know, be at the Varsity tonight at 1 AM. Order 2 FO's and a chili slaw dawg and sit in the room showing the Seinfield reruns. A tall man in a Burberry trench coat will be in that room reading the Wall Street Journal. When he asks you for an FO, tell him that you did not come alone and that the fat man will bathe once the oxen have been put to pasture. Wait there for further instructions. If you do not hear from Agent 404 by 2AM, abort the mission.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
There are many references to individual big donors who have much influence on Stansbury especially in regard to the hiring and support of Geoff Collins. There a number of astute posters on this board who seem to be close to the football program and the Athletic Department. Who are these people..,.sure not me!
Fanning and Zelnak would be up at the top.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Whoever they are, tell them to let our coach do his job without their interference. You can't tell Collins who he can and can't hire while also holding him accountable for our team's performance.

"I'm going to make all of your decisions for you and then blame you when things don't work out."

LibertyTurns

Banned
Seriously, you are inquiring after our own Illuminati here? In public? If I were you, I would get my affairs in order. Sooner rather than later.

But if you must know, be at the Varsity tonight at 1 AM. Order 2 FO's and a chili slaw dawg and sit in the room showing the Seinfield reruns. A tall man in a Burberry trench coat will be in that room reading the Wall Street Journal. When he asks you for an FO, tell him that you did not come alone and that the fat man will bathe once the oxen have been put to pasture. Wait there for further instructions. If you do not hear from Agent 404 by 2AM, abort the mission.
Wow, someone’s not been to the V lately. Closes at 9.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Whoever they are, tell them to let our coach do his job without their interference. You can't tell Collins who he can and can't hire while also holding him accountable for our team's performance.

"I'm going to make all of your decisions for you and then blame you when things don't work out."
But that’s the American way! It’s called accountability without authority!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT has a lot of "money men" that are very private. See @LibertyTurns link and you'll find that there are "anonymous" donors at each level. They love GT and are willing to help Ma Tech any way they can...as long as GT doesn't release their names. You might find them in box suites on game days, but you wouldn't know them if you bumped into them.

GT has a LOT of very generous donors at every level. We should be thankful for having them because whenever there's a big need for money, quite a few of them step up.

Let's not make "money men" a derogatory term.