"That other game"

gtdrew

Banned
I'm watching Climpsumb and U(sic)ga, and I'm sitting here thinking "that's all?" We can beat both these teams, if we execute and play mistake free football...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It was an entertaining game. Both teams have very good offensive talents but questions on D. All I've heard from the GA fans was how much better their D was going to be over last year's model!

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
That's the thing about football, you execute mistake free football and you win your game no matter who you are. That being said, we play our game it's gonna be a good thanksgiving for all of us.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I don't know, I hate both of those teams but clemson looked like a much better team this year. Boyd's passing was unreal sometimes and other times his receivers dropped good passes. Did anyone else think the GA players hit a little too much after the whistle and were conveniently injured every time Clemson got going? Dirty way to play, can't wait to watch the ol ball coach take them to the woodshed

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I don't know, I hate both of those teams but clemson looked like a much better team this year. Boyd's passing was unreal sometimes and other times his receivers dropped good passes. Did anyone else think the GA players hit a little too much after the whistle and were conveniently injured every time Clemson got going? Dirty way to play, can't wait to watch the ol ball coach take them to the woodshed

The "injuries" reminded me of what I see on EPL soccer telecasts ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
There should be an unsportsmanship fine for Grantham so obviously getting his guys to fake injuries.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw that, too. They always play with that kind of "intensity" as their fans call it. I agree....it's a dirty way to play and it seems like the refs don't want to flag that stuff.... or body slams on defenseless players. They'd rather save their energy for those blocks below the waist downfield outside the tackle box. That's where the 'real' injuries happen.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw that, too. They always play with that kind of "intensity" as their fans call it. I agree....it's a dirty way to play and it seems like the refs don't want to flag that stuff.... or body slams on defenseless players.

I've always thought that they play like that. It has always come across as dirty. Their defense stops forward progress on the ball carrier and then 1 of 3 things happens:
1. The entire team ends up on top of the ball carrier
2. The player making the tackle, after wrapping up, proceeds to body slam the crap out of the ball carrier, usually flipping him or throwing him over his shoulder.
3. The entire team mugs the ball carrier and strips the ball without actually tackling him (for example, see Robbie's carry in the first quarter of the 2012 game.)

Then, about 50% of the time the tackle is made near the UGA sideline, the players standing along the sideline will swarm around the tackle and act like they're about to beat the ball carrier up some more. Nothing makes me angrier. It's dirty play. It's low class.

I could never support a team that plays like that. Thank goodness I don't.