That eerie Feeling

Before this past weekend I had one of those flashbacks. For those of you that remember, I flashed back to 1986. Tech was back after 1985 and a good year 9-2-1. We had Jerry Mays and the crew, lost some defense however. We went into the next to last game with Wake Forest, a team we should beat on the road. Win and we are 6-3-1 and headed toward the Blue Bonnet Bowl. The Georgia game would not matter. Well, we lost to Wake Forest. 24-21. The next week in Athens we fought and fought but lost 31-24, on a failed 4 and 2 attempt deep in UGA territory.
Maybe since the game is in Atlanta is will not be like 1986 again. Funny that popped into my head last Friday.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Before this past weekend I had one of those flashbacks. For those of you that remember, I flashed back to 1986. Tech was back after 1985 and a good year 9-2-1. We had Jerry Mays and the crew, lost some defense however. We went into the next to last game with Wake Forest, a team we should beat on the road. Win and we are 6-3-1 and headed toward the Blue Bonnet Bowl. The Georgia game would not matter. Well, we lost to Wake Forest. 24-21. The next week in Athens we fought and fought but lost 31-24, on a failed 4 and 2 attempt deep in UGA territory.
Maybe since the game is in Atlanta is will not be like 1986 again. Funny that popped into my head last Friday.
Or it could be like 1969 when GT was 3-6 going into the game against a 5-3-1 UGAG team and pulled a 6-0 upset.

Jmonty71

Banned
If we beat ugag six to nothing, roof going anywhere. So which one do you Roof haters really want?
I just want to see the D look prepared, sharp and ready. I want to see us not completely implode against a 2 minute offense. I want to see us look like we know what we are doing against an uptempo team. I want to see us attack, instead of get hammered. I rather give up a TD by us attacking versus giving them free points and yards, by playing soft.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Colorado, it seems to me there are many examples of times we stunk it up the week before Georgia game and either won or came close when no one was expecting it.

decatur jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I just want to see the D look prepared, sharp and ready. I want to see us not completely implode against a 2 minute offense. I want to see us look like we know what we are doing against an uptempo team. I want to see us attack, instead of get hammered. I rather give up a TD by us attacking versus giving them free points and yards, by playing soft.

I want to see the D look NASTY!

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Sadly, ours is more the Black Death defense and not the reincarnation of the Black Watch defense.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I would be absolutely fine with a 1 point win that is achieved through U(sic)ga turning it over 100 times to our 1, the refs making horrific calls in our favor, fire from the sky hitting each ball thrown by U(sic)ga, Megatron coming back for 1 game of eligibility, and the entire U(sic)ga defense coming down with a nasty case of dysentery right before toe meets leather...

I just want a win...#THWG

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Or it could be like 1969 when GT was 3-6 going into the game against a 5-3-1 UGAG team and pulled a 6-0 upset.
Yea in 68 iirc we were 4 -5 & sent to Athens w our qb larry good back from an injured knee. First series we went into a super trick formation and drove for 3rd and 2 point conversion. On next drive the hit him low and took him out. Final score uga 47-gt 8.