Thanks to Heyword and Heath

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This team really got a tremendous effort from Heyword this year. He could have left after last year with a coaching change but he stayed and was willing to play hard on defense. His stats didn't show how valuable he was on D. He seemed willing to do whatever was asked to help the team. He doesn't get the press that the scorers get. Heath was a good floor leader, hit free throws at critical times. He was a BG guy but chose to stay. He was a real steady player at PG and got better during the season. Glad he stayed for the new coach.

This team really got a tremendous effort from Heyword this year. He could have left after last year with a coaching change but he stayed and was willing to play hard on defense. His stats didn't show how valuable he was on D. He seemed willing to do whatever was asked to help the team. He doesn't get the press that the scorers get. Heath was a good floor leader, hit free throws at critical times. He was a BG guy but chose to stay. He was a real steady player at PG and got better during the season. Glad he stayed for the new coach.
AMEN !!!

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer

He subbed in for Tadric last night when Ole Miss was making a run (they had cut it to four or six if I recall). Run was immediately halted.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I certainly agree with you but you should add Q as well. I've spent a good majority of my life dogging him but he has played tremendous for us this year especially down the stretch.

Yep,
it is scary to say but we may have a hard time replacing him next yr.A guy who can dribble a bit, hit 3s,get 6 rebs,3 assts almost every night --and at 6-9 span out the def.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree that thanks are due to all three seniors who stuck out the coaching change and have obviously bought uno the new system and played their guts out!

Nice job to all!

Deleted member 2897

I'd also like to add thanks to Josh Okogie for sticking to his commitment. As we see around the country, when there's a change at the head coach position, it is very common for current commits to ask for a release and open their recruitment back up. Josh (the Okogie one, not the Lammers one) would have been well within his rights to at least re-open his recruiting if not just out and out leave.

We were so thin this year, if we had not had any single one of these guys, we may have finished with 10 fewer wins.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
A tip of the hat to Mr. Heyward and Mr. Heath for stretching their abilities and playing as true team players. Thanks to Mr. Rowland for his contributions, also. And Q has given great senior leadership, beyond his scoring and rebounding.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to Heyward and Heath for turning up your performances and kicking arse!:cool: Hopefully you along with Ben Lammers can bring a NIT Championship banner home to hang in McCamish Pavilion:cool:

ya know im not so sure it was that they tried that much harder but rather they were utilized wrt their skill set. AND it was pastner and the staff that came up with the game plan. when your put in a position to suceed. you gonna succeed.

ive always thought that heath and haywood worked they asses off. like another poster admitted... ive kinda dogged q a bit but once again i do think the coach brought out the best in q. imo he was lacking focus and confidence until pastner came along.