Thanks Coach Pastner

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Same holds true for the 12 teams that were better than GT. Incrementally better gets you to 10 wins. Our roster has serious holes that need to be filled. We have a lot of nice complementary players.

Really only one difference maker and he needs significant improvement getting to the rim. Instead of shooting 56 FTs on a season he needs to be well over 100. The only way to get there is to attack the rim. The rest of his game is superb. Lets hope CDS can teach/convince him to attack the rim.
No it doesn't. We become a very seasoned team with a year of playing together. Other teams lose more pieces. If what you say were true, then there never would be movement in the pecking order. Everyone just always gets better, never worse. That's not reality.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
No it doesn't. We become a very seasoned team with a year of playing together. Other teams lose more pieces. If what you say were true, then there never would be movement in the pecking order. Everyone just always gets better, never worse. That's not reality.
We clearly disagree on the holes in the roster. No problem as you can believe what you want. It will be very interesting to see who leaves and who comes in. Then it will be more interesting to see how the players are used and if the lacking skills are complemented by new players of if some of the current players make major jumps in their skill set.

Again this is my opinion. I have seen this group for the better part of 2 years and to me there are clear holes in the roster's skill set, You are free to have your own viewpoint.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We clearly disagree on the holes in the roster. No problem as you can believe what you want. It will be very interesting to see who leaves and who comes in. Then it will be more interesting to see how the players are used and if the lacking skills are complemented by new players of if some of the current players make major jumps in their skill set.

Again this is my opinion. I have seen this group for the better part of 2 years and to me there are clear holes in the roster's skill set, You are free to have your own viewpoint.
We don't disagree there are holes in this roster. Monster holes, mostly around the post and someone who is a triple threat. I just am optimistic that as our current players mature (namely the three sophomores and the 2 freshmen), some of that will fill in. I look at Jalon as a shorter Moses Wright. Jalon is ahead of where Moses was as a sophomore. There's 3-4" difference, so their games will be different, but I see the same athleticism. Each of the three have 1-dimensional games right now, but that can (and should) change as they mature.

As for watching what happens and seeing how this team evolves, I'm right there with you.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... and now, back to our original program...

I bid farewell to Coach Josh Pastner and thank him for his upbeat attitude and faith in Georgia Tech.

Godspeed and hope you have professional success elsewhere as he has already had "success" in many other aspects in life as an earlier post demonstrated.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Makes one wonder what happened to UNC this year. Rumor is tension on the team between two players over a girlfriend. They didn't even want to extend the season in the NIT.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Makes one wonder what happened to UNC this year. Rumor is tension on the team between two players over a girlfriend. They didn't even want to extend the season in the NIT.
Not accepting an NIT invite is marginally one step above “Assembly Hall is too hallowed and sacred to desecrate with an NIT game.” Glad we kicked their *** at McCamish after that.

SuperToe

Georgia Tech Fan
GT declined an invite in 1995. I’ve heard our experience going to Siena for the 1994 had a lot to do with the decision. We still got roasted by fans and the media for it.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Not accepting an NIT invite is marginally one step above “Assembly Hall is too hallowed and sacred to desecrate with an NIT game.” Glad we kicked their *** at McCamish after that.
Indiana is elitist scum so I have no doubt they would take a position like this and I remember the game being at Tech despite them being the higher seed. I would love more backstory if you have it.
(y)