Senior Appreciation Thank you TaQuon

MidtownJacket

Staff member
So, I think we should start threads for some of the heroes of this Senior Class. We have seen some highs and lows over the last four years and I think it is pretty remarkable to track back the development and devotion these guys have shown to persevering.

Love or hate this offense, you can't tell me you read this article and feel anything short of admiration and respect for TQM's journey through the flats: http://ramblinwreck.com/inside-the-chart-marshall-plan/

He has been a fierce warrior on the field, and a trusted leader off. He has helped us navigate a two headed monster of an offense at QB (as opposed to letting things devolve into a QB Controversy - hello Clemson). He got his wish last Saturday, of putting the offense out on the field in a clutch moment to end the game and driving through the "u" of Miami.

Thank you TaQuon, for what you have done for the Institute, the team and our fans!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So, I think we should start threads for some of the heroes of this Senior Class. We have seen some highs and lows over the last four years and I think it is pretty remarkable to track back the development and devotion these guys have shown to persevering.

Love or hate this offense, you can't tell me you read this article and feel anything short of admiration and respect for TQM's journey through the flats: http://ramblinwreck.com/inside-the-chart-marshall-plan/

He has been a fierce warrior on the field, and a trusted leader off. He has helped us navigate a two headed monster of an offense at QB (as opposed to letting things devolve into a QB Controversy - hello Clemson). He got his wish last Saturday, of putting the offense out on the field in a clutch moment to end the game and driving through the "u" of Miami.

Thank you TaQuon, for what you have done for the Institute, the team and our fans!
Thanks TaQuon for how hard you've played for GT in 2017 and this year 2018(y)

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
No one can doubt his leadership and his love for his team. I remember watching him on the sideline during the VT game and he was never down. He was the first to congratulate the offense coming off the field after a score and was constantly active on the sideline. That's a rare quality that will carry him far in life. Glad to have him on the team.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nothing but love for this guy! Do I think he is a little small for the position? Yes, yes I do, but I NEVER would question his heart. His toughness at his size is and was to be admired.

Here's hoping that we can find a 6'0 to 6'2" guy (with some Nesbitt strength) with TQM's toughness going forward!! I am still hoping that Lucas might be that guy. TO looks to be promising as well.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think TaQuon has been a good QB for us, but has had to fight through a lot of hard luck. Like:

What if Mills was the BB he had in 2016? At least 3 more wins, I'd say, despite Benson's performance.

What if Benson had been healthy this year? Again, at least 3 more wins, imho. And when was the last Tech QB who had his starting BB, the guy he had been practicing and playing with, torn out from under him in two successive years?

What if he hadn't been injured so much this year?

But, as those above have said, he's a warrior! He has laughed in the face of these difficulties and led the team to a bowl in his senior year.

Now, we have two more tests awaiting us. I feel confident that TaQuon will give his all to get us to victory in them.

Thanks, TaQuon!