Thank you Seniors 2020

It was raining like crazy (that typically hurts our attendance because you can’t park close to arena, and even MARTA riders have to walk in the rain), maybe coronavirus scare impact, and the fact that it was a late starting weeknight game. I’m sure all of those had some effect on it. That being said, being there, I didn’t notice it being too far below typical attendance levels for this year, outside of the Duke, Louisville, and Clemson games.
I'll take your word for it, but they showed a rather large swatch of seats a couple of times, and they were virtually all unoccupied. I was stunned.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'll take your word for it, but they showed a rather large swatch of seats a couple of times, and they were virtually all unoccupied. I was stunned.

Sadly, that's the norm for the past several years. I go to almost every game and try to get there 30 minutes before tip. I am usually the only person in my section until about 10 minutes til tip. Outside of the Duke / UNC crowds (mostly fan of the other teams), we get about 40 - 60% capacity most games and the 200 level has a handful of people.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Last night was tough for attendance but it brought to mind -

Senior night for Rich Yunkus & Jim Thorne. Ironically vs Pitt. A long ago fan folks called "the crazy Lady" bought and passed out buttons you could put on your coat that said "Rich was for Real". Great fan. AMC not sold out.

Senior Day for Jack Mansell, John Salley , Mark Price vs wfu i believe. Sunday afternoon, conference game, 2 numbers to be retired. Honoring 2 of the biggest program changing players ever at GT.
Student section not full.

This is going back over 40 years and a lot of GT fans still don't walk the walk.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Way to go boys.

Way to dang go.

You walked into a hostile environment, took an early lead, lost the lead, clawed back and then walked away with the dang thing.

That’s what elite teams do. Lock the shooters down, handle the BS foul/ejection noise, win the durn game.

I couldn’t be prouder to rock my GT gear throughout the Tourney season and I’ll definitely be jawing about the raw job we caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk