Thank you 2020-2021 Georgia Tech Men's Basketball, your ACC Champion!

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm extremely proud of this team. This was a weird, trying season and yet this was the most fun Tech team that I've seen in quite a while. I'm really interested in seeing what happens with the guys on this team moving forward. Hope to see several of the seniors in the league in the not so distant future.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Although the season did not end the way we had hoped, this will go down as one of my favorite GT teams. They played some good basketball this season. Even when we lost games we were still fun to watch. I loved seeing these players come in and improve their games over the years. I think the fact that these are multiyear guys who allowed us to go on the journey with them from when they arrived until now allowed me to become emotionally invested. Seeing what they were to what they have accomplished has been very gratifying. These guys will be a part of the small group of players that can claim to have defeated UNC, Duke, and Kentucky in the same season.
Kudos to the coaching staff as well. Pastner and his staff outcoached some hall of fame coaches this year. The clinic we put on against Syracuse was a thing of beauty. Beating bigger, more talented teams in UNC, FSU, and Duke was awesome. The ACC championship game was one of the most enjoyable games I have watched in years. The last few years have alleviated the concerns I had about Pastner's coaching ability. I had to remind myself that Pastner is still a young coach. I read somewhere that he is the youngest to win an ACC tournament title since Cremins. I think he is coming into his own as a coach and knows what he wants his teams to look like. I hope he can continue to bring in top 20 recruiting classes. A higher level of talent mixed with this staff's coaching ability and player development is the key to sustained success moving forward.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Nah. He's being projected as drafted. He needs to go get paid.
Wouldn't blame him one bit if he goes, but I wonder how much he could enhance his draft status and his paycheck by another year of seasoning. Usher, too.
I would imagine he's given that some thought.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Meh, a lot easier to defend five guards than it would have been if we’d had Moses. I still think we would have handled them easily with our regular rotation

Great season!
I agree had we had Moses to draw the defense inside to get the ball back out for more open shots. They guarded what we had very tightly making moving the ball around difficult.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
For the first time in a long time I actually paid attention to basketball because of this team. Thank you to those young men for bringing me back to the fold. Rest up and we'll see you on the court next winter.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Enjoyed watching GT this year. Still sad about Moses but that’s life. Would love to see them all come back. Look forward to being able to go watch them play next season.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If all 4 seniors came back, I'm not so sure that would be good for GT's future. We have Devoe and Moore with 2 big guys that are developing and Sturdivant that were getting time already. We have Meka and Maxwell both looking to move foward and get time as they're healthy next year. Then we have Coleman, Kelly, and Moore coming in as freshmen next year, looking to get PT. That's 13 legitimate players. I don't know that Pastner can manage a roster that big with players and keep everyone happy. If this one year caused some of our younger, talented players to transfer, that would be bad, especially since we'd be losing 6 players after next year (4+Devoe and Moore). If Pastner could blend the three new guys in and keep everyone else happy, GT would be an incredible team. I'm just not sure it could be done.

I'm hoping that we get the right 2 to come back and one to get drafted. Not sure the fourth has enough to play at the next level. Maybe somewhere overseas.

BraveandBold

Georgia Tech Fan
One year at a time. Losing 6 players in two years might night be as tough as it has been in the past. Because so many players transfer nowadays, it’s possible to rebuild quickly.

This off-season will be chaotic for everyone, not just Tech. I expect next year may be even crazier with more and more players transferring.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
IF (big IF) Wright does come back, one thing it would let Pastner do is actually play Moses at the 4 instead of putting where he was needed at the 5. Between Howard/Saba/Meka/possible Xfer 5, I'm confident one of them can develop enough with a full offseason with Reveno, and I think Moses can show more of a skillset at the 4 for the NBA. Of course, that's me selfishly convincing myself of gold colored glasses reason for Moses returning.

Of the 4 seniors, Usher probably has the best reason to come back IMO. He's finally showing a developing basketball skillset to match his elite athleticism and another season where he can help lead the team and be a main offensive weapon should increase his stock. I think he can be one of the best players in the ACC next season.

Alvarado has earned the opportunity to do whatever he wants. Coming back to earn a grad degree on GT's dime isn't a bad move considering he's not a slam dunk pro prospect. That grad degree would serve him more in the long run than a few years of pro ball overseas. Of course, I would LOVE for him to come back.

I think the new guys like Coleman and Kelly have the ability to play 15+ minutes each if they're willing to do the dirty work on the defensive end that Pastner requires. They will probably be two of our best shooters the minute they step on campus. Shooters will always find their way on the court.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
IF (big IF) Wright does come back, one thing it would let Pastner do is actually play Moses at the 4 instead of putting where he was needed at the 5. Between Howard/Saba/Meka/possible Xfer 5, I'm confident one of them can develop enough with a full offseason with Reveno, and I think Moses can show more of a skillset at the 4 for the NBA. Of course, that's me selfishly convincing myself of gold colored glasses reason for Moses returning.

Of the 4 seniors, Usher probably has the best reason to come back IMO. He's finally showing a developing basketball skillset to match his elite athleticism and another season where he can help lead the team and be a main offensive weapon should increase his stock. I think he can be one of the best players in the ACC next season.

Alvarado has earned the opportunity to do whatever he wants. Coming back to earn a grad degree on GT's dime isn't a bad move considering he's not a slam dunk pro prospect. That grad degree would serve him more in the long run than a few years of pro ball overseas. Of course, I would LOVE for him to come back.

I think the new guys like Coleman and Kelly have the ability to play 15+ minutes each if they're willing to do the dirty work on the defensive end that Pastner requires. They will probably be two of our best shooters the minute they step on campus. Shooters will always find their way on the court.
Devoe played 30+ as a freshman. I’d be kinda surprised if Deebo plays less than half the game