Thacker

yellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
What’s the deal on Thacker? I have seen many posts saying he was demoted to LB coach but have not seen any thing officially. Apparently he is still recruiting so maybe no demotion announcement is being made because of his role in recruiting. If I missed an announcement I apologize for this question.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I swear if he is still DC I just give up lol agree with you though. The no official news is unsettling to say the least

Jmonty71

Banned
Thacker should not, repeat NOT be the DC, next year. Now, will he??? I am not sure. I personally don't like his scheme. I think its not built to fit the players we have. Would his scheme work? Sure, with a big NG that can play the 2 gaps and 2 fast LBs, but I don't think we have either.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Both Stansburys and Collins statements read new leadership on both sides of the ball. That sure indicates either Collins taking over the D or a new DC to me

Jmonty71

Banned
Both Stansburys and Collins statements read new leadership on both sides of the ball. That sure indicates either Collins taking over the D or a new DC to me
I really am more concerned about what DC and OC ( for that fact ), that will want to work under Collins. I mean, which DC will be willing to flush their career down the toilet for Collins? Usually coordinators work under a head coach, to gain experience and work towards being a head coach themselves. I don't think Collins will provide any benefits.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Thacker should not, repeat NOT be the DC, next year. Now, will he??? I am not sure. I personally don't like his scheme. I think its not built to fit the players we have. Would his scheme work? Sure, with a big NG that can play the 2 gaps and 2 fast LBs, but I don't think we have either.
Isn't that Nate's Woody D scheme as well? (Heh.)

Jmonty71

Banned
Isn't that Nate's Woody D scheme as well? (Heh.
Perhaps... But, I am not a huge fan of the 3-4, to be fair. I do see the benefit of the 3-4... However ; you have to have the athletes to run it. A 4-3 is a bit more forgiving, with lesser talent. Or at least run multiple looks.... Either way, Thacker didn't get the job done. Perhaps Collins will step up??? Pull a Dan Quinn, if you will. However; that didn't work out great for Quinn, if I recall.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What’s the deal on Thacker? I have seen many posts saying he was demoted to LB coach but have not seen any thing officially. Apparently he is still recruiting so maybe no demotion announcement is being made because of his role in recruiting. If I missed an announcement I apologize for this question.
The assumption has been made that he would be demoted since the announcement there would be new leadership on both sides of the ball. But, nothing's happened yet, and no smoke about any prospective new DC's. We're all in the dark.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Pot, meet Kettle...

I am disappoint. I set you up for a killer ice cream comeback and that's what we get?

This is like a perfect Kenny Anderson lob that bounced off your forehead and off the top of the backboard. You're s'posed to flush that thing with two hands, techst. :cautious:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I am disappoint. I set you up for a killer ice cream comeback and that's what we get?

This is like a perfect Kenny Anderson lob that bounced off your forehead and off the top of the backboard. You're s'posed to flush that thing with two hands, techst. :cautious:

Much like your ice cream choices, I don't waste my time on rubbish...

(Did I do it right that time?)

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I think Thacker has been kept on for his recruiting and personality.

Ya know. The “Culture” He seems to be extremely likable. When I see him in recruiting pictures he seems like a good time. That why he is being kept around. Collins and him are tight.

That’s why P-node is done. Older and not exciting.

But if he remains DC I will have a MAJOR issue.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
If Thacker is staying, he needs to coach the LBs. He’s over his head as D coordinator and never should have been one at this point in his career, at least at Division 1.