Tennessee Postgame Press Conference

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Head Coach Paul Johnson

[audio="type: m4a, id: 751"]https://gtswarm.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Tennessee-Postgame-Coach-Paul-Johnson.m4a[/audio]

OL Parker Braun & RB Nathan Cottrell

[audio="type: m4a, id: 750"]https://gtswarm.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Tennessee-Postgame-Braun-Cottrell.m4a[/audio]

QB TaQuon Marshall

[audio="type: m4a, id: 752"]https://gtswarm.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Tennessee-Postgame-TaQuon-Marshall.m4a[/audio]

RB KirVonte Benson & LB Brant Mitchell

[audio="type: m4a, id: 749"]https://gtswarm.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Tennessee-Postgame-Benson-Mitchell.m4a[/audio]

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Sure is easier to have a press conference when you win @Butch

I can just hear CPJ doing a press conference if we had won the game. "I am proud of how the guys hung in there but we've got to get a whole lot better. We are not going to be able to just roll our hats on the field against Jacksonville State and expect to win. We were fortunate in this game and we have a lot of things we are going to have to work on."

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Butch was the happiest guy around last night because if GT would have won all the Tennessee fans and the Big Money Alumni would be calling for his head on a pole and it could have been a question mark whether he would be back in 2018.
a lot of them are still calling for his head. I think it would have raised a question mark if he would have been back in week 2. especially if we had taken advantage of all our scoring opportunities

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
a lot of them are still calling for his head. I think it would have raised a question mark if he would have been back in week 2. especially if we had taken advantage of all our scoring opportunities
He's walking on egg shells right now and if Tennessee goes 6-6 or 7-5 he could very well be shown the door after the season. I believe in that situation he would probably announce that he was resigning his position as Tennessee head Coach after the Vanderbilt game and that Offensive Coordinator Larry Scott or Associate Head Coach-Defensive Line Coach Brady Hoke would be coaching whatever Bowl Game UT was invited to.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
If our defense gave up 655 yds last night. Many would be calling for CPJ's and Roof's head. Butch can spin it but if I were an unhappy UT fan I would be even more unhappy with the coaching after this win.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If our defense gave up 655 yds last night. Many would be calling for CPJ's and Roof's head. Butch can spin it but if I were an unhappy UT fan I would be even more unhappy with the coaching after this win.

Talked to my nephew (former Vol player) this moring, he was happy that UT got away with the win but his livid about Butch. I suspect that is a common theme with most Vols fans.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
They've been livid since Fulmer. I guess they let the tail wag the dog and they're still paying the price!
A long of people up here in Tennessee want UT to fire Butch Jones and hire former Oregon and Eagles head coach Chip Kelly. I think a lot of big money Alumni want that as well. CBJ is in danger also because the new AD isn't a friend of his like the last one was.

Last edited:

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Derek Dumbass was hired because UT was desperate for a head football coach and no established head coaches would take the job on such short notice.
Not sure about the new AD. I know there's problems in the program just listening to what CBJ says in the media. I hope they go on to win the SEC East but not counting on it. The new AD will probably have to make some hard decisions at some point and that may decide what UT football looks like for the next decade. Heck they've averaged 8th in recruiting over his tenure but just haven't developed that talent.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Not sure about the new AD. I know there's problems in the program just listening to what CBJ says in the media. I hope they go on to win the SEC East but not counting on it. The new AD will probably have to make some hard decisions at some point and that may decide what UT football looks like for the next decade. Heck they've averaged 8th in recruiting over his tenure but just haven't developed that talent.
The new AD at Tennessee will definitely have hard decisions to make in the not too distant future. He could very well have to fire Football Coach Butch Jones,Men's Basketball Coach Rick Barnes,Women's Basketball Coach Holly Warlick and Baseball Coach Dave Serrano.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
The new AD at Tennessee will definitely have hard decisions to make in the not too distant future. He could very well have to fire Football Coach Butch Jones,Men's Basketball Coach Rick Barnes,Women's Basketball Coach Holly Warlick and Baseball Coach Dave Serrano.
Serrano already got fired

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Good move by UT he really sucked
My question is will they make the right hire? Tennessee should be a power house in Football yet they seem to screw it up. It's been a decade now and it could be another decade it they make the wrong move. Maybe Butch has a good year? He's already dumped all his assistants which makes me dislike him more.