Tennessee Game to be included in Season Tickets

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
For those who didn't receive it, I got an email yesterday saying the Tennessee game will be included in the 2017 season ticket package. I didn't think it would since it's not at Bobby Dodd, but hopefully this will help increase season ticket sales. Pretty good set of games in the package.
rdx8d57.png

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I had believed that they would be included in the season tickets. It is listed as a home game for GT. As part of the contract, GT has guaranteed 30,000 tickets for the game, so if GT sells fewer than 30K tickets, they will have to pay for the remaining. Including it in the season ticket package is probably a guarantee of reaching the 30K.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I had believed that they would be included in the season tickets. It is listed as a home game for GT. As part of the contract, GT has guaranteed 30,000 tickets for the game, so if GT sells fewer than 30K tickets, they will have to pay for the remaining. Including it in the season ticket package is probably a guarantee of reaching the 30K.
No doubt.

It all about the $$$$

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like they would have sold the 30k regardless. Even if Tech fans didn't buy them all up Tennessee fans would have. I just think it's a way to sell more season ticket packages. Whatever the reason, fine with me since I'm renewing my tickets.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
The Season Ticket Holder Survey lists "Complimentary guest tickets to the home opener" as a possible important thing for a season ticket holder.

If this game is a home game and they give a free ticket with every sold ticket, there would be no problem getting 30k sold. :rolleyes:

Too bad the free tickets will be for the cupcake game the following Saturday.

I was hoping that this game was going to be separate and I could fall back on Stubhub if the GTAA seats/prices sucked.

It would be nice, since it's a home game, if Tech would allow tailgating on campus and then, LIKE THEY DID IN DUBLIN, have free shuttles to and from the stadium. Of course the city of Dublin did that for the fans, and we all know the city of Atlanta would never consider helping out fans of either school.