Tennessee game most important of CPJ's Career?

-

• Total voters

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I think so. After a great finish to the regular season Johnson and has Staff has finished strong on the trail as well. 2017 is likely going to be Johnson's best class ever, pending that everyone signs and everyone makes it to Atlanta this summer.

After a 9-4 season Georgia Tech will probably be ranked in the AP top 25. Tennessee will also be in the Top 25, after a let down of a season they will
come out hungry and playing pissed off football in week 1.

We play on a Monday night on a National Holliday in a brand new Stadium that will host the National Championship and Super Bowl in 2018 & 2019. All eyes will be on GT and CPJ's offense, everyone wanting to check out Option Football.

To me this is the biggest game of CPJ's career so far, simply because of the hype after beating UGA last year and finishing 9-4 and all of the Stud recruits we have coming in. People can sense change in ATL. With the Dirty Birds playing for a world title, Braves Building a new stadium, GT Basketball rebuilding with an awesome new head coach. There is certainly a BUZZ around the city. If CPJ can pull this one off it can start a special age of GT Football. I'm usually not a hype guy always nervous and quite before games but I just can't control it this time. 214 days or something like that left, can't wait.
#TuckFennessee

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I think so. After a great finish to the regular season Johnson and has Staff has finished strong on the trail as well. 2017 is likely going to be Johnson's best class ever, pending that everyone signs and everyone makes it to Atlanta this summer.

After a 9-4 season Georgia Tech will probably be ranked in the AP top 25. Tennessee will also be in the Top 25, after a let down of a season they will
come out hungry and playing pissed off football in week 1.

We play on a Monday night on a National Holliday in a brand new Stadium that will host the National Championship and Super Bowl in 2018 & 2019. All eyes will be on GT and CPJ's offense, everyone wanting to check out Option Football.

To me this is the biggest game of CPJ's career so far, simply because of the hype after beating UGA last year and finishing 9-4 and all of the Stud recruits we have coming in. People can sense change in ATL. With the Dirty Birds playing for a world title, Braves Building a new stadium, GT Basketball rebuilding with an awesome new head coach. There is certainly a BUZZ around the city. If CPJ can pull this one off it can start a special age of GT Football. I'm usually not a hype guy always nervous and quite before games but I just can't control it this time. 214 days or something like that left, can't wait.
#TuckFennessee
Right now I think the GT-UT game could go either way but if I bet on it I would bet GT by 3 to 4 points. I predicted in an earlier post that I thought GT could lose to UT and finish 9-3 winning the ACC Coastal Division. I don't think this is CPJ's most important game. I think his most important games are VT and Miami.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Love the enthusiasm. It would certainly help for national recognition.

Even if we don't pull it off, folks would forget pretty quickly if we went on to win the coastal and/or beat UGAg.

90% of CFB fans (and most of the sports media) won't be able to name a single GT player with JeT gone. I'll be surprised if we start off ranked.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It's certainly a big game in terms of continuity, the hype you described, etc. However, for a guy that has multiple national titles under his belt (albeit at the 1AA level) and who's played in a couple ACCT games, not the biggest game.

Of course, if we lose, the whole 'they had time to prepare', SEC-SEC-SEC nonsense, HS offense crap will be perpetuated but we should be used to that by now.

On the other hand, this is Lyle's biggest game. It's put-up or shut-up time for him as the inVoluntary coach. He's never coached in a game this big.

A loss to us ... on the national stage ... with all the 12-star talent they have .... with us having "stolen" a UTenn recruit this offseason! All that? He may be fired the next day if they lose.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
It's certainly a big game in terms of continuity, the hype you described, etc. However, for a guy that has multiple national titles under his belt (albeit at the 1AA level) and who's played in a couple ACCT games, not the biggest game.

Of course, if we lose, the whole 'they had time to prepare', SEC-SEC-SEC nonsense, HS offense crap will be perpetuated but we should be used to that by now.

On the other hand, this is Lyle's biggest game. It's put-up or shut-up time for him as the inVoluntary coach. He's never coached in a game this big.

A loss to us ... on the national stage ... with all the 12-star talent they have .... with us having "stolen" a UTenn recruit this offseason! All that? He may be fired the next day if they lose.
Butch will be sitting on a hotseat this season. Phil Fulmer who is probably going to be the next Tennessee Athletic Director will give him until 2018 most likely to win 9-10 wins in the regular season and the SEC East Championship. I haven't kept up with recruiting lately who was the recruit that switched from Tennessee to GT?;)(y)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Butch will be sitting on a hotseat this season. Phil Fulmer who is probably going to be the next Tennessee Athletic Director will give him until 2018 most likely to win 9-10 wins in the regular season and the SEC East Championship. I haven't kept up with recruiting lately who was the recruit that switched from Tennessee to GT?;)(y)

The Henderson kid. Of course they claim he was dropped. Sure, Vols. Guess that's why he skipped their big recruiting weekend a few weeks ago.

Oh and party foul on you for misspelling Lyle. :cool:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
No way. You’re trying to say the very first game breaking in a brand new starting QB is the biggest game of a coach’s career? That’s ridiculous.

On a side note, when are we going to stop pretending that MikeJacket isn’t VolJacket?

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
The Henderson kid. Of course they claim he was dropped. Sure, Vols. Guess that's why he skipped their big recruiting weekend a few weeks ago.

Oh and party foul on you for misspelling Lyle. :cool:
LOL I didn't know that was his name:ROFLMAO: The Vawls are already bragging about their Top 10 recruiting class. Lyle can recruit them but he can't develop them very well.

Last edited:

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
No way. You’re trying to say the very first game breaking in a brand new starting QB is the biggest game of a coach’s career? That’s ridiculous.

On a side note, when are we going to stop pretending that MikeJacket isn’t VolJacket?
It's more important for Lyle than it is for Paul Johnson. Paul isn't on the hotseat while Lyle is.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys I'm telling you we will win this game and maybe even truck them. I live in the Knoxville area and this game will be the beginning of the end to the Butch Jones era. They do not match up well against us. Lose of a lot of talent, as well as many key contributors coming back from injury. At one point in the season Tennessee started DE at DT. Both of their stud DTs are coming off of a Pec tear and another bad ankle or knee injury. I can see us getting major push up front.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Guys I'm telling you we will win this game and maybe even truck them. I live in the Knoxville area and this game will be the beginning of the end to the Butch Jones era. They do not match up well against us. Lose of a lot of talent, as well as many key contributors coming back from injury. At one point in the season Tennessee started DE at DT. Both of their stud DTs are coming off of a Pec tear and another bad ankle or knee injury. I can see us getting major push up front.
Tennessee's defense was bad when their defensive line was healthy. GT will fool Tennessee with their offense and get a lot of rushing yards.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I don't think MikeJ is a TN fan? The TN fan on the board is DMoney IIRC.

Yeah, plus I expect them to have the same 'uh oh, muh knees' paralysis the Kentucky coaches instilled into their DL.

That's right, Vols. We comin' foh ya knees. #TenneKNEE #EndinCareersOnThaFlats