Tennessee Game 1

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Great Fulmer quote.."when he tackled you, you were tackled". Roof as a LB was an absolute game changer. His performance against Uga in 198? was one of the most dominating displays of defensive FB ever seen on Grant Field. He impacted a game the way that a Calvin Johnson or Eddie Lee or Lil' Joe or Pat Swilling or Deon Sanders did. When he was on the field, he made things happen. An absolute all time GT great.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Great Fulmer quote.."when he tackled you, you were tackled". Roof as a LB was an absolute game changer. His performance against Uga in 198? was one of the most dominating displays of defensive FB ever seen on Grant Field. He impacted a game the way that a Calvin Johnson or Eddie Lee or Lil' Joe or Pat Swilling or Deon Sanders did. When he was on the field, he made things happen. An absolute all time GT great.
Ted Roof singlehandedly stuffed the UGAG running game during the 1985 GT-UGAG game.:cool:

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
KeShun sounds quietly confident. And healthy. Not trying to hype anything. I like how he stated they were trying to be intentional with each thing they did. And I like how he spoke of each unit working together and trusting each other. Don't need anyone to be a hero. I'm a bit concerned hearing him shrug off the idea of the defense having a specific identity, but we'll see how it plays out. Sometimes that can be a negative too.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
KeShun sounds quietly confident. And healthy. Not trying to hype anything. I like how he stated they were trying to be intentional with each thing they did. And I like how he spoke of each unit working together and trusting each other. Don't need anyone to be a hero. I'm a bit concerned hearing him shrug off the idea of the defense having a specific identity, but we'll see how it plays out. Sometimes that can be a negative too.

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that we don't have an identity for the D as a whole.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
view

Tennessee players will look like this after tonight... No knees. GO JACKETS!!!

I told myself if I catch one, we win, I'm hyped!!!

Damn won't upload

The idiots at Volnation are at it again they're not satisfied and the moronic Moderator Bigdaddy said Tennessee almost lost to a team playing a wide receiver at quarterback.:mad:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/277274-betting-shoot-cost-jones-job-2.html
Did you see this comment? "I am not a coach but i wonder if it would be effective that an effort be made to pop the QB in the mouth every play that he takes the ball down the line of scrimmage. Have on person assigned that task on each side. The one that's duty is to force the pitch should attempt to blow him up." WOW !!!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Did you see this comment? "I am not a coach but i wonder if it would be effective that an effort be made to pop the QB in the mouth every play that he takes the ball down the line of scrimmage. Have on person assigned that task on each side. The one that's duty is to force the pitch should attempt to blow him up." WOW !!!
He must have gotten a Parks and Recreation Degree at UT :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
That sounds a lot like "Targeting". Good strategy! Let us know how that works out for you.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Well, at least they're not suggesting that their players should do something unethical, like cut-blocking our QB--because that would just be dirty football...
:rolleyes: