Tennessee Game 1

I know it is still early in May but I am ready to start thinking about the season. So game 1, UT.
The question I would ask is does your last season carry over into the next. Here is what I know, other than the bowl game UT gave up 443 rushing yards to KY, 420 rushing yards to Mizzou, 192 rushing yards to Vandy, and in all three of those games gave up over 600 total yards. I think Mizzou ran 120 plays on them. And let's be blunt, neither of these three teams are rushing powerhouses.

I had heard that they had some injuries but what does this mean for us.

Do we run all over them in game 1, as they haven't ever had to play against CPJ and our offense?

I think we do.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Would love to put data to this, but I don't think that opposing defenses rushing stats have correlated well when they play us. To clarify: we still do better against bad defenses than good ones, but the opponent's rush weaknesses versus other teams are less predictable vs us. People defend us quite differently, and we also block differently as well. This helps level the playing field against physically superior teams, but also for physically inferior teams who are well prepared.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure Espn should be available. My agent said the resort is really Americanized. It's the Jax St game I'm really worried about.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee lost a ton of key players. Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, a couple of good WRs on offense and Tuttle, Reaves-Maybin, and Sutton on defense. Just naming a few of their studs that will not be there.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't claim to be an expert on UT but did watch them a couple of games last year. They have speed and quickness but lacked some toughness. They like to put the ball up but will work in some running game to keep you honest. But they pass to set up the run. As far as UT defense, I think we pound but hard to say. The TO is an offense set up to allow you to stop one thing like pounding, but have to give up something else like the pitch. I believe they will try to make the QB run it but just a guess.

Milwaukee

Banned
I just hope there's ESPN in Aruba. Wife is taking me for my 40th bday. Do not want to miss this game or any game. And i will cancel a trip if I can't watch.

Sounds like a great week. We're heading down for the TN game Monday, then headed to Playa Mujeres Excellence for the week, then back to ATL Friday night for the JSU game Saturday before returning to MKE Sunday morning. Gonna be a great week but I'll be absolutely drained. Hell I'm tired just typing it.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing about last year, no matter how bad Tenn looked in the 1st half, they played a lot better in 2nd half, or if they looked real good early, not so good 2nd half. Don't get excited about early lead.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I know it is still early in May but I am ready to start thinking about the season. So game 1, UT.
The question I would ask is does your last season carry over into the next. Here is what I know, other than the bowl game UT gave up 443 rushing yards to KY, 420 rushing yards to Mizzou, 192 rushing yards to Vandy, and in all three of those games gave up over 600 total yards. I think Mizzou ran 120 plays on them. And let's be blunt, neither of these three teams are rushing powerhouses.

I had heard that they had some injuries but what does this mean for us.

Do we run all over them in game 1, as they haven't ever had to play against CPJ and our offense?

I think we do.
I hope we do, want us to, but in a relative sense to season past, we didn't really run all over many people last year. I thought it was kind of a downer year running the ball. Relatively speaking. I want hang 400 yards rushing on everybody.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I just hope there's ESPN in Aruba. Wife is taking me for my 40th bday. Do not want to miss this game or any game. And i will cancel a trip if I can't watch.
Let's get our minds right here, dude. Keep repeating to yourself: It's only a game. It's only a game. It's only a game.

Then go outside and enjoy Aruba with your wife. You can always look at Longestday later.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee lost a ton of key players. Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, a couple of good WRs on offense and Tuttle, Reaves-Maybin, and Sutton on defense. Just naming a few of their studs that will not be there.
Tennessee may have lost more than anyone we play except maybe Clemson. I read one of those NFL Draft magazines where they break down the best players by position group generally the best dozen or so who will be drafted. Anyway, Tennessee had a player in just about every position group but one. Clemson had a bunch also. To have access to that kind of talent would really be something. Trouble is that with Tennessee, like UGA, UNC, and Clemson, talent is NEVER an issue like it can be and usually is with us.