Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I assume that since our season tickets are good for the game, it's our home game, and so we get ACC refs.
I thought that—except for the community college in Athens that insists otherwise—the standard procedure for inter-conference play was for the referees to come from the conference of the visiting team.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I thought that—except for the community college in Athens that insists otherwise—the standard procedure for inter-conference play was for the referees to come from the conference of the visiting team.
It was until it was changed a few years ago. Was it 2013 when we began using ACC officials for OOC at Grant Field? The exceptions for this are for pre-existing contracts. However, neutral site games are by contract. That is how for the longest time in the CFA kickoff games, SEC officials were used. I believe that was one of the hangups for Tech being in the game earlier.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Tennessee football: Oddsmakers clearly have no respect for Vols
Tennessee football is only a four-point favorite over the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at this point, according to Vegas Insider.

That puts the Vols on a similar level to Georgia Tech, which is embarrassing. Sure, the game is in Atlanta, but it’s technically a neutral site. With an evenly split allotment of tickets, Vols fans likely outnumber the Yellow Jackets, even in Atlanta. So expect it to almost be a home game for Tennessee.
The book has the Vols as a five-point underdog to the Florida Gators.

Really? Five points. Yes, it’s fair to favor Florida with Tennessee on the road. But five is an oddly high number. You’d think with the last two Florida wins both coming by one point and the fact that the Vols owned the Gators last year, the line would be closer.

And it’s crazy to think the lines have Florida further ahead of Tennessee than Tennessee ahead of Georgia Tech.

Deleted member 2897

Look at it like this - Tennessee, while not on the same outlandish insane level as uGA, thinks of themselves as a national powerhouse of football, capable of winning a title in any given year. They think of Georgia Tech as this little nerd school who gets no athletes. So I view this quote as not so much as insulting towards Tech, but towards themselves. They are embarrassed that very few people in the country have much regard for them anymore.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Jeff Flanigan and Ron Cherry and their crews are two of the best in the business. I'm confident in a fair game when I see either of these two.
Unless of course you are in the game when Ron Cherry is officiating and you give someone "THE BUSINESS" as he infamously put it one day.