Film Room Tenn TD (defending the run game)

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Been going through all of Tennessee's 2016 football games on youtube while I'm getting thing done around the house and the Appalachian State game is a good one to watch to get an idea of Tennessee dealing with the option and cutblocks. App gave a lot of option looks out of the shotgun in that game.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Been going through all of Tennessee's 2016 football games on youtube while I'm getting thing done around the house and the Appalachian State game is a good one to watch to get an idea of Tennessee dealing with the option and cutblocks. App gave a lot of option looks out of the shotgun in that game.
Thx!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
UT's two offensive playmakers created a lot of hesitation and/or cheating by defenses, you can see it here.

Sometimes bad defense is just bad defense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm watching UT/App St right now. UTs weakness is inside run D and getting off cut blocks. Their D is not scary one bit. They got pushed around on the LOS all night.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

LEVERAGE - the blame belongs to the CB here - you're the flank, nothing gets outside of you. At least that's the way it appears. If it's man coverage, then I take it back.
My gosh, that UT WR could've killed one of those Neb inside defenders with a crack block.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
LEVERAGE - the blame belongs to the CB here - you're the flank, nothing gets outside of you. At least that's the way it appears. If it's man coverage, then I take it back.
My gosh, that UT WR could've killed one of those Neb inside defenders with a crack block.
Wasn't a rule about WR crack blocks put into effect recently?