Temple Post Game

Jolly Good Fellow
Other than the two stupid and unnecessary turnovers, I thought TO looked good at QB. I also thought Graham did, and, as much as I like TO, I think Graham should start now.
Supe,
TO is a warrior and we love him for that...woulda been a great single wing tailback.....or a 100yd/game rushing QB in Paul's offense... but Paul is gone and so is the single wing....and we won't win another game this year with him at QB in this offense... but we aren't gonna win another with Graham or Lucas either.... time to run Yates out there for a couple of games, to see what he's got and without burning his RS... regardless of his ATL status....

For those worried about recruiting, don't be. The record truly doesn't matter much. I've said it before, you sell kids on the future, most don't care much about your recent success. We've got like 100 kids coming to the UNC game next week, that's the level of interest these recruits have in the program right now. All indicators are that we'll finish out the 2020 class VERY strongly and the 2021 class will start with a bang. It'll take time.

So to that point get your asses to that game. I am flying in for Pitt and of course UGA. Yes, this all sucks but the more I look at this the more it is all about the lack of big boys in the trenches. We had 2 starting O lineman leave the team. 1 for medical. Brandon Adams was a huge loss. Go back and watch him last year. Maybe we steel a game or two like 2015 and get the line figured out.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Turnovers really impacted this game TO's turnover going into the endzone was 7. Another TO in the endzone, and another one that was 7 the other way. On our side we got one turnover in the endzone.

Besides that Graham should be the starter the rest of the way. Oliver is a great athlete but he just isn't a QB, either in skill or in mentality. Graham is obviously inexperienced and made a few mistakes, but he also showed a good bit of upside. I'm thinking whatever happened to his hand had some impact on his later throws because he left several of them high. Go with Graham as the starter, have LJ be the backup when he gets healthy, try to work in Yates a little in a couple of games, and have Oliver head to RB or WR. Oliver is a great playmaker, but not a big enough one to overcome our other problems.

Defense I thought we played well overall but we have a serious issue on the D Line and need better play from the LBs. Going to take time to get to where we want to ultimately be but we're making progress.

Overall, I have to laugh at people losing their mind and acting like this is some unfathomable turn of events. There is a reason that people were projecting 3-9 and projections aren't worse case scenarios. Unfortunately pretty much all the questions we had were answered in a negative fashion. No, switching stances didn't solve our Pass Pro problems, and no our WRs being able to "run and catch" didn't make them not be a liability. Unfortunately we combined that with also getting hit with an injury bug on the OL and this is what you get.

Fortunately, how the offense looks in year one with almost all players who fit in a different system doesn't really say much about how things will look once players recruited for this offense and have years in the offense will look, and recruits understand the struggles more than some of our fans seem to do.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
For those worried about recruiting, don't be. The record truly doesn't matter much. I've said it before, you sell kids on the future, most don't care much about your recent success. We've got like 100 kids coming to the UNC game next week, that's the level of interest these recruits have in the program right now. All indicators are that we'll finish out the 2020 class VERY strongly and the 2021 class will start with a bang. It'll take time.

I buy that, but there's a decent possibility that in CGC is 2-22 after 2 years. You can sell the future, but that's tough to ignore.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe there was a graph that ranked position groups for all ACC teams and I believe we were last of close to last in all categories except punting. Lol

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Now that is what I call a high school offense. Makes me feel young again. You fans in your 30's and 40's are about to get to experience the early 80's. Stars might align, and we steal a game somewhere, but probably not. It's going to get bad, and then basketball will be worse just like 79, 80, 81, 82. Collins seems to be this odd mix of Pepper's juice and Lewis's coaching. Followed a couple of guys into positions in my business career that were determined to hammer square pegs into round holes. Lots of pain all around.

I actually had optimism that better times were ahead with Curry and Ross in their early years.