Ted Roof's job

rallo

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with all your points, except I think Roof has had more than enough time to come up with a scheme and strategy that produces results on the field.
it's not just roof. did you guys see how slow our d-line was yesterday? I've been around this FB program since 1970 and it's always the same....7-4 at best. We gotta find better players and I agree with Johnson in his statement questioning this schools commitment. I think he wants to get fired, BUY-OUT TIME??

rallo

Georgia Tech Fan
We lose or barely win next Saturday, pack-it-in. may be 6-6. Lordy help us come BB season.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I've got a question for those who know the details of football better than I do. Wouldn't an aggressive defense be the best combination with our offense? We run a ball control offense made to sustain long drives and keep the opposing offense on the sideline. Which naturally builds a sense of urgency in them, which makes them prone to mistakes while trying to do too much. A bend but don't break allows the offense to get into a groove as they're allowed short yardage, which gives them confidence. This opens up more opportunities for big plays. In theory, a highly aggressive defense would force the offense to panic more and make more mistakes. We may give up big plays, but we'd force more turnovers and create more stops given the opposing offense's psyche. Am I wrong in thinking this?

You are right. However, the fan base maturity would be tested in a different direction and we would see posters frustrated about easy scores we would more frequently give up. So be it. At this point a change to a more aggressive D scheme is needed as there is more than ample proof that what we have been doing is not working.

rallo

Georgia Tech Fan
even notice that our Offense seems never to be in a rush even if down by 6 with 20 seconds left??

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I've got a question for those who know the details of football better than I do. Wouldn't an aggressive defense be the best combination with our offense? We run a ball control offense made to sustain long drives and keep the opposing offense on the sideline. Which naturally builds a sense of urgency in them, which makes them prone to mistakes while trying to do too much. A bend but don't break allows the offense to get into a groove as they're allowed short yardage, which gives them confidence. This opens up more opportunities for big plays. In theory, a highly aggressive defense would force the offense to panic more and make more mistakes. We may give up big plays, but we'd force more turnovers and create more stops given the opposing offense's psyche. Am I wrong in thinking this?
Yes most would like to see a more aggressive defense. But we run the bend but don't break. The problem is we are doing great at the bend part, but have trouble with the don't break part. We seem to not being doing the don't part of the don't break part. Hence what we have they we run is the bend and brake.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't remember the last time I've not cringed on 3rd down defense. I know a first is coming every time. I wonder if our players have that mentality also?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I'm sick of watching this crap. Especially watching us get eaten alive by teams that don't even out recruit us. It's ridiculous. He's never been a good defensive coordinator. Awful hire by Paul and I've hated it from the beginning. We score 34 and limit possessions and we lose? Come on.
We couldn't figure out the jet sweep smh

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I have hated our defense under Roof for a long time now and posted about this after last week's game. On 3rd and 9 we sit in a prevent and don't apply any pressure, their QB has all day and picks out the TE for the long TD. If I were CPJ I would also have gone for it on 4th down because our D is so poor you could not count on them to hold with 1:40 left.
I thought the long pass was actually well defended. I don't think it was intended for Orndoff in the first place; Peterman was looking for Weah. Griffin got a hand on the ball and tipped it directly into his hands. A little more slap and it's an incomplete for both players. Depressing, yes, but it wasn't the scheme's fault.

Our problem all year has been having our DL overmatched by some teams's OLs. This has been a problem for a long time and we still haven't solved it. Until we get a decent pass rush - we've only had that three times this year (Mercer, Vandy, and, yes, da U) and we need to get more somehow. That might mean more blitzing. I'm guessing that'll be on tap more as we go forward.

I'm with you now, although not till the end of the season.
Paul is in control of this program, yes? He's the one that allocates what players play on what side of the ball, yes? Paul is the one that has hired his staff, yes? The defense at Tech unlike any defense on any other team we play has to prepare for about 5 different types of offenses. Every ACC team except Lvilille knows what is coming and for the last two years have figured it out. Tech's offense is scaring NOBODDY. Hell Mercer held their own against the great wing t we run. Do you think tech's defense get a good look at other teams offense by playing a scout team comprised of wing t personal? Do you think Paul has any say in the defense at Tech? Speaking of waste of money, Paul is stealing everyday while he's on the job.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I thought the defense was supposed to be working on disguising blitzes and coverage this year. At least I thought I heard that after spring practice and again this fall. If they are doing it, they sure have me fooled. Defense continues to look pretty vanilla to me. We sure can't stop anybody on 3rd down. Pass defense is just pathetic at times.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I thought the defense was supposed to be working on disguising blitzes and coverage this year. At least I thought I heard that after spring practice and again this fall. If they are doing it, they sure have me fooled. Defense continues to look pretty vanilla to me. We sure can't stop anybody on 3rd down. Pass defense is just pathetic at times.
Agree on blitz it's like we line up in gap a and blitz gap a, we hardly do stunts, twist ect. And at times it's like they blitz from 7 yards off the ball and by the time they get to the los the ball is already gone. I just don't get what we are trying to accomplish as a scheme.

They have disguised them so much that even the fans can't recognize them, and probably the players too.