Ted Roof to Vanderbilt?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Just saying that is the toughest job in the SEC. Academics and Tennessee HS football not great. If Mason is still there he has to be on a hot seat. I like Roof and sorry he is having to move around so much. He lived fairly close to me when he was at Duke.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Just saying that is the toughest job in the SEC. Academics and Tennessee HS football not great. If Mason is still there he has to be on a hot seat. I like Roof and sorry he is having to move around so much. He lived fairly close to me when he was at Duke.

Vandy isnt a great job, but it is P5 and surely more money than App St. Roof is a journeyman coordinator at this point just like Gailey. Can get jobs as long as he wants to do it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I will say that Nashville is a much better location than Boone. Lots to do and convenient airport for recruiting plus pro football. No state income tax.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Hmmmmmm. This could easily mean that Ted will be recruiting against Tech in metro Atlanta. This, I don't like. People can be divided about him as a DC, but there is no doubt in the world that the guy can recruit with anybody, anywhere. While he was up in North Carolina there wasn't a problem. Now, there could be.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Hmmmmmm. This could easily mean that Ted will be recruiting against Tech in metro Atlanta. This, I don't like. People can be divided about him as a DC, but there is no doubt in the world that the guy can recruit with anybody, anywhere. While he was up in North Carolina there wasn't a problem. Now, there could be.

He is a pretty could recruiter, but I wouldn't overstate it. And he is at Vandy, who we arent going to be losing many recruiting battles with, regardless who is there.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
He is a pretty could recruiter, but I wouldn't overstate it. And he is at Vandy, who we arent going to be losing many recruiting battles with, regardless who is there.

That last part sticks out as something every SE power is probably saying about us...