Ted Roof earns redemption!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Discuss among yourselves.

Go Jackets!
Redemption? They certainly played much better. Faster, more decisive and with emotion. Backs against the wall etc. Virginia Tech had one of those days when little went right and that is tempting fate against a team that can hold the ball like GT. Seems like the TOP was nearly two to one in favor of the Jackets and that coupled with untimely turnovers will generally get you beat. Great team effort and yes, I will gladly eat crow for picking Hokies to win and cover.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Actually, you want to go out on top, right? Getting fired after being embarrassed by GS, Duke and UNC would've been hard. But, now?

what? <crickets> what? <crickets>

:bag:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The DL being able to generate pressure by themselves was the biggest difference today, and it makes all the difference. Hard to have a solid defense when you're DL can't generate pressure, but having it covers a lot of faults as well.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Unbelievable. Last week when pressed PJ had no ideas for any kind of defensive changes. He just said "we have to play better. We have played better earlier in the year." I was thinking I might as well look up for flying pigs to think that defense could play better. I still have no idea how the same players looked so much better. The line in particular got pressure fairly regularly. We must have been covering well too, because sometimes when we got to the quarterback he had had time to throw it but must not have been able to find anybody open. After the game I heard him say we played base, but we played faster. Okay. Let's do that some more!

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was more than just the front four getting pressure. I thought that roof actually brought a ton of heat earlier in the game and forced some bad throws that stopped drives. We got ahead, and then the DL could really pin their ears back on the pass rush because they didn't haave to be scared of the run game, and those 4 rushers become much more effective that way.

It's a recipe for success. Get some stops, take a lead, and then let your guys play hard and fast and not think too much.

Jmonty71

Banned
One great defended game a year, doesn't exactly equal redemption. We saw a glimpse of this against FSU, only to get owned by UVA. Here's to hoping, but...until I see a string of games, there is no redemption it's not instant gratification.

Milwaukee

Banned
One great defended game a year, doesn't exactly equal redemption. We saw a glimpse of this against FSU, only to get owned by UVA. Here's to hoping, but...until I see a string of games, there is no redemption it's not instant gratification.

I agree, just as much as that one great defended game doesn't mean he has a loaded cupboard either.