TECHTuesday

LibertyTurns

Banned
Love these, wish they were a little longer to be honest.

Very interesting. I’m guessing if they were longer he wouldn’t have months worth of segments. Also, most people have a 45 sec attention span. You make it 10 mins long and you might as well ****can the majority of the info.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Very interesting. I’m guessing if they were longer he wouldn’t have months worth of segments. Also, most people have a 45 sec attention span. You make it 10 mins long and you might as well ****can the majority of the info.
Waffle House Wednesday's are ~6 mins. I think that makes sense here too.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I find these fascinating. I want to know more after each video. I get the feeling there is the possibility of a lot of depth building on a week over week video snippets.

I think it also shows potential recruits and parents/influencers that we're looking at a lot of data to optimize your performance while also keeping them safe.

The engineer side of me wants all the maths, but I also see that the desired audience might roll their eyes with the technical details.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Very interesting. Makes sense to me.

A further speculation:

We often talk about the delta between coaching minds and athlete's bodies. It seems like it'd be fairly straightforward to make a model of what a coach wants to happen and subject it to the same analysis. Like, if the offense does X our defensive reaction is Y, you can get figures for offensive parameters like speed and position from game film, then make a model of the 'perfect' response and start practicing from there.

And have an objective measure of the delta between perfect and actual.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Also seems worth applying to recruiting video to see if we can get a more objective measure of performance. Would also be good to try and find out what things can be trained and what can't, and what are the body types to improve in which ways with training. Personally, I think having more useful metrics for these things than 40 time, SS, BP reps, etc. could be a big edge for identifying the right players and training our guys in the right way.

Sheldon's

Jolly Good Fellow
It's not hard for me to extrapolate to a day when NFL draftees have their High School film analyzed by AI to determine their differentiated characteristics and then apply that to recruiting prioritization.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Believe I heard the administration in one of their promos talking about wanting to bring Tech 's technological edge to our sports endeavors. My only question is why were we so late doing this when other schools were already doing it?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
True, but it’s really an attempt to stay in the game, not get ahead. I read that half of the P5 teams are already using it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder how many of them are making videos like this to capitalize on it? That's a real question, not assuming nobody else is doing what we're doing with these short videos. Personally I love that we are using technology AND that we are publicizing it with these short attention span videos (that's a reference to MY short attention span, not anyone else's). I think they are yet another thing that portray GT as a cool place to come to play football.