Tech vs. Miami

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Gutsy pitching. Timely hitting. Glad Morris took out the Miami starter -- he was shutting us down and getting strike calls whenever he was near the plate. I don't think we have enough pitching to win this thing, but we got two w's with at least two more to play. Very good win!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
23 pitches for Dusty. 15 yesterday. Hope we don't need him tomorrow!

The D may have won the game (again) but 14 hits isn't shabby!! Against the #1 seed.

Who are we playing tomorrow? :whistle:

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
We're basically just playing for seeding. We were most likely in before the Wake game. When we won that it was pretty much guaranteed.

You are correct sir, we were in when we beat Wake and now playing for seeding.

I did make it to today's game. Tomorrow I won't be able (major job to do)

Heddinger was not on his game today, but he was good enough along with our D to save our pitching. Even when we were down I could see in our guys eyes, in the dugout and coaching that they were not giving up. Both teams stood toe-to-toe against one another with our guys winning. You just gotta love this team win or lose. They just don't back down and with a lot of games being close this year has help them in this tournament.

Like Nuke said, this team was made for this tournament. Lets see how things play out the rest of the way.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You are correct sir, we were in when we beat Wake and now playing for seeding.

I did make it to today's game. Tomorrow I won't be able (major job to do)

Heddinger was not on his game today, but he was good enough along with our D to save our pitching. Even when we were down I could see in our guys eyes, in the dugout and coaching that they were not giving up. Both teams stood toe-to-toe against one another with our guys winning. You just gotta love this team win or lose. They just don't back down and with a lot of games being close this year has help them in this tournament.

Like Nuke said, this team was made for this tournament. Lets see how things play out the rest of the way.

I'm not experienced at College baseball, but when I watched our team warm up and play against VT, I saw nothing but good execution. We play FU baseball. By that I mean, we don't back down like you say. We just go up there and push. We challenged on the base pads and stole a bunch of bases today. Didn't get some runs by going home, but the base runners were smart enough to advance on the throws home yesterday and I think today.