Tech vs. Clemson

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Both Maryland and UNC hold their fate in their own hands.

If Maryland wins out, they go to Sunday, if UNC wins out they go to Sunday.

FSU and UVA are out of the running.

How have we played against Maryland this year?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just got back and all I can say, HOT DAMN!!

Wasn't going to miss this game for the world ! Glad I didn't. So many people here are pulling for us, especially UNC fans.
Clemson fans are pissed! Lol

Go Miami !!! It's great to be a YELLOW JACKET no matter what happens. Proud of this TEAM

Glad you went to the game!

Why were the UNC fans pulling for us? Other than Clemson is ****?

We have a team here. It was epitomized by the lead off bunt single in the first. We don't have power, but we play beesball. No errors again today. I'd like for us to win the ACC again. ....... oh I get it, UNC wants to play us or Duke rather than Clemson?

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Glad you went to the game!

Why were the UNC fans pulling for us? Other than Clemson is ****?

We have a team here. It was epitomized by the lead off bunt single in the first. We don't have power, but we play beesball. No errors again today. I'd like for us to win the ACC again. ....... oh I get it, UNC wants to play us or Duke rather than Clemson?

They HATE..I mean HATE Duke. They would pull for the Taliban before they would pull for Duke

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure if the schedule could have worked out any better for us. Play at 3pm everyday for the first 4 games, then get a day off before the championship game (with a 1pm start). Clemson on the other hand played last night at 7pm and then had to come back and play at 3pm today.

Looking at the other bracket, if UVa wins tonight that puts Maryland into the championship game regardless of tomorrow's games, which would allow Maryland to rest their key pitchers an extra day.
But, then again, Clemson has played one less game.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Both Maryland and UNC hold their fate in their own hands.

If Maryland wins out, they go to Sunday, if UNC wins out they go to Sunday.

FSU and UVA are out of the running.

Actually, if UNC wins out they need FSU to lose to UVA. A 3-way tie at 2-1 with FSU, UMD, & UNC goes to FSU.

Maryland, however, is in if UVA beats UNC tonight. Regardless of what happens tomorrow.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just finished watching the end of our game. (ESPN3 blacked out here but we get replays.)

What struck me was how loose our players looked in the field. With the win, Clay walked to Earnest like "hey, I expected that SO". No great celebration, just a loose reaction. I only got to go to 2 games this year (VT) but in batting practice and the game between innings, we just looked much more comfortable. Play the game right and see what happens.

Contrast that to Clemson who looked tight in the field. Committing three errors and very animated. If someone else could look at the last minute of the ESPN broadcast and let me know what you think the Clemson player was doing in the dugout. I don't think Clemson likes losing to us much .........