Tech v duh U postgame!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Another interesting bit of Richt = :poop: trivia pointed out during the game: Richt has had only one top 20 offense in his career (UGA '12). Someone tell me why he is regarded as an offensive-minded guy?

Wow! I really would have never guessed this. Super shocking considering all of the talent he has had everywhere he’s been.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Don’t know if it’s been said, but watching the replay sober, rewatch Ajani’s fumble recovery. It looks like Bruce Swilling sees him step out, starts celebrating and goes to embrace Him, then realizes he’s trying to run it back. Almost tackled by his own teammate haha.
All I really have to say is that football really is a funny game. If TM and Camp don’t hook up on that 3rd down, it looks like mijami gets the ball with 3 minutes left, and a chance they break our hearts again.
Big thumbs up to Jalen Johnson, who was laying the lumber with Carpenter.
And number 4(if it was one guy, I thought I saw one at DB and some WR) got worked all game. Tre leveled him on that kickoff and he was shook the rest of the game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Don't know or care.

Just know we have to win 12 in a row to get to .500 vs the s.o.b.

You can stop at “Don’t know” for pretty much all of your posts (y)

Richt has enjoyed a greater pool of talent on his team every year he was at uga outside of 2009. And we dropped that one because we couldn’t stop their run game to save our lives.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
You can stop at “Don’t know” for pretty much all of your posts (y)

Richt has enjoyed a greater pool of talent on his team every year he was at uga outside of 2009. And we dropped that one because we couldn’t stop their run game to save our lives.

Don’t kid yourself. While we were talented in 2009, Uga still had a good bit more overall talent and quality depth.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Richt’s pro-style off scheme sucks, he needs to get an off-coord for next season and try to focus on getting control of his teams dicipline

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
All I really have to say is that football really is a funny game. If TM and Camp don’t hook up on that 3rd down, it looks like mijami gets the ball with 3 minutes left, and a chance they break our hearts again.
That last drive was huge not only in sealing the victory, but in the mental growth of our football team especially the offense. I think we really grew up on that drive and it will pay huge dividends moving forward.

At least I won’t crap my pants anymore when the offense takes the field in the final minutes of the fourth quarter needing to run out the clock or score.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
That last drive was huge not only in sealing the victory, but in the mental growth of our football team especially the offense. I think we really grew up on that drive and it will pay huge dividends moving forward.

At least I won’t crap my pants anymore when the offense takes the field in the final minutes of the fourth quarter needing to run out the clock or score.
Totally agree. We kept making first downs against a very strong defense when our recent history gave us no reason for confidence. CPJ has always said this team has plenty of confidence and they played like it when they needed to.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Why didn’t Juanyeah take UM’s muffed punt into the end zone at the start of the second half? Is it down by rule when he secures possession of the ball?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

The key was being effective in hitting that pass. It may be a running offense, but one MUST be effective on those occasions when you need to pass.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
From the 2018 NCAA rule book Rule 6 Section 3 Article 6:
Catch or Recovery by Kicking Team
ARTICLE 6. a. If a player of the kicking team catches or recovers a scrimmage kick that has crossed the neutral zone, the ball becomes dead (A.R. 6-3-1-IV). The ball belongs to the receiving team at the dead-ball spot, unless the kicking team is in legal possession when the ball is declared dead. In the latter case, the ball belongs to the kicking team. (Exception: Rule 8-4-2-b)
Basically, the ball is dead as soon as the kicking team recovers it, whether the receiving team has touched it or not. If the receiving team hasn't touched it, the ball belongs to the receiving team. If the receiving team has touched it, then the ball belongs to the kicking team.

Milwaukee

Banned
From the 2018 NCAA rule book Rule 6 Section 3 Article 6:

Basically, the ball is dead as soon as the kicking team recovers it, whether the receiving team has touched it or not. If the receiving team hasn't touched it, the ball belongs to the receiving team. If the receiving team has touched it, then the ball belongs to the kicking team.

It's dead as soon as we touch it in this case. It's amazing that our fan base and former players do not know this. This is simple football ****.

Animal02

Banned
It's dead as soon as we touch it in this case. It's amazing that our fan base and former players do not know this. This is simple football ****.
To be fair, it is sometimes hard to keep track of which rules apply to H.S., college, or pros. .....with the constantly moving targets.....rules that have changed one way then changed back years later, or rules that change based upon how much time is on the clock.