Tech-UGA reaction video

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
After the three consecutive near fatal cardio pulminary episodes... When the pick happened, all I was screaming was " fall the f*** on the ground!!!" Was so afraid he was gonna try and run with it given his state of euphoria in the moment. Longest 1.5 seconds of my life!

He did bobble it around a little, made me nervous :)

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
That's one thing I never have to worry about. @YJAlleyCat and I are always on the same wavelength, when it comes to GT-fandom. (Although, to be honest, she has never thrown the remote down and bashed it to pieces when the dwags take the lead late in the game...)

My wife is the same, huge GT fan, you can hear her for miles, either at the game or watching on TV.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Had a family reunion with 3 kids families and 6 grand kids at a rental home lot of party time. Kids in gt outfits. Grand kids had been riding rockin bee - then they left to go home so wife and I sat down to watch the game. She and I had been to the clemson game- had seen the Snoddy huddle and the defense led victory. We believed in the team. We knew UGA had a defecient dc ( 3years college coaching). We were hopeful and the hustle turnover plays reassured me thru the first half. Then we saw JT and coach speak on a time when play went to the sideline. They were so bonded. The trust was great between them . Later the referees did the Uga thing as usual and we saw coach lay the law on justin - he sat but never bowed his head. I was sure this is different. I told my bride we have them right where we want them. I never panicked or doubted from that point.
What a sweet feeling to actually sit and believe we will win.
Let's let the jackets loose!
The orange bowl was the same way - we would not be defeated.
What a legacy this team leaves us.
SWAG - chip shoulder try to knock it off., 2015.

Last edited:

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Glad I'm not the only one who goes a little crazy about football games.

We scare the cats over and over when watching games at home. You'd think they'd figure out the correlation between football related noises coming from the TV and us being loud and scary, but it always seems to take them completely by surprise. :whistle:
We have a black lab that hides in the back bedroom during football Saturday.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Beating the mutts is hands down the best. Being in the cesspool when we win.....in some ways the best of all. Been there for 3 wins now. Will be there in 16 for #4.....the nail bighters just kill the mutts......but I'd be down for a few blowouts over them instead the next few years.

When we get a good win streak over them ill start telling my UGA buds that the UGA game ain't the most important to us anymore.....ill be lying of course.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Beating the mutts is hands down the best. Being in the cesspool when we win.....in some ways the best of all. Been there for 3 wins now. Will be there in 16 for #4.....the nail bighters just kill the mutts......but I'd be down for a few blowouts over them instead the next few years.

When we get a good win streak over them ill start telling my UGA buds that the UGA game ain't the most important to us anymore.....ill be lying of course.

The nail-biters are fun, but can you imagine sitting in a three-fourths empty Sanford to start the fourth quarter?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
When that game went to overtime, I felt extremely confident. We had basically plowed the field with their defense for 30 minutes and they were DONE. Then, we missed the extra point. I went into utter dismay. Had we made the extra point, I would still have been extremely confident because, if they had tied us, we were still on a roll on offense. As it stood with our missed extra point, a TD on their part would end it, so the pressure was really amped up. I wasn't feeling real good when they converted their first down and got inside our 10. For some reason, when the final play started, I saw the interception before it happened. I saw DJ shuffling his feet and wiggling his behind, getting into the best atheltic position he could. Once the ball was snapped I could see White fighting really hard for the inside leverage. When I saw Mason reaching back his arm for the slant throw I jumped and started screaming before the ball left his hand. That is how focused I was. The guys in the room with me were like many of you, wondering if it was truly over. I kid you not, I was jumping up and down and screaming before they realized what had happened. Within moments there was a "mosh pit" of screamimg men jumping up and down for what seemed like 5 minutes. Our wives were just sitting there with THAT LOOK on their faces. What can I say? They just didn't get it. What a moment.
Whenever I watch that play I am struck by how close we came to tipping that pass before DJ got to it. Did you notice that in real time? Can you imagine how an incomplete would have amped the pressure up even more? At that point uga probably just throws a fade route in the corner and wins it because, you know, COFH.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Good strategy! Yeah, I can hear myself saying, "Well, you know our real rival is Clemson."

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Beating the mutts is hands down the best. Being in the cesspool when we win.....in some ways the best of all.

If we want to see a GT win, isn't it mandatory that we have to go to Athens to see it? A GT win in Atlanta is rarer than an easy calculus final.

My daughter in law and dad watched the game with me and my son. Unfortunately I have passed the "curse" on to him as well.They couldn't understand our reactions during all the highs and lows of this game. Unless you have seen this game for years and years, and seen how many heartbreakers we have lost, there is simply no way to understand. Nor explain.

Of course as Tech fans, after the PICK, we all immediately started looking for the flag. When we didn't see it, I expected one on the replays. I was nervously expecting one all the way up to about Christmas when I finally started to believe that there really wasn't a flag on that play nor was there going to be one. (Not that a flag was deserved but truth is often stranger than fiction in this game).

I am still happy thinking about that game and reading these posts.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
After they scored their last TD some mutt bimbo, who I hadn't heard a peep from all game...waits for the crowd to quiet and then yells out a "Tech Sucks". After celebrating DJs pick I turned around to address her but all the seats were empty ;) In fairness it took me a couple minutes to stop jumping up and down while screaming my head off. :D

Tdippp

Ramblin' Wreck
I was in Sanford. I went with my mom and cousin, who are mutt fans. I was screaming and jumping up and down right after the kick and all the mutt fans just stared me down. Then we missed the XP and I just thought to myself , ****, we blew it again. Then when DJ got the int I lost it. I work in a college apparel store, and I put a GT sign over the register and I make sure every mutt knows why it's there

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I have a confession to make. Watched the game with my family including my 8 yr old son who is a budding GT fan. (took him to his first live game this year, Clemson, great father/son moment!) Anyways, when Ugag scored on 4th down to go ahead with 18 seconds, you can imagine my reaction, I've seen it so many times before, it was almost expected. My son says, "Is it over?" My wife says "No, it's not..." and I said "Yes it is." Boy was I wrong. I still feel horrible about giving up, even when the odds where less than 1% of a comeback.

Never.
Give.
Up.

Lesson learned. Whenever things look bleak, I'll always remember my Jackets miracle comeback in the cesspool in 2014.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Whenever I watch that play I am struck by how close we came to tipping that pass before DJ got to it. Did you notice that in real time? Can you imagine how an incomplete would have amped the pressure up even more? At that point uga probably just throws a fade route in the corner and wins it because, you know, COFH.

Never in my whole life was I so happy to have a linebacker miss tipping a pass. Thanks for the effort anyway McNair.

Of course as Tech fans, after the PICK, we all immediately started looking for the flag. When we didn't see it, I expected one on the replays. I was nervously expecting one all the way up to about Christmas when I finally started to believe that there really wasn't a flag on that play nor was there going to be one. (Not that a flag was deserved but truth is often stranger than fiction in this game).

Just like GT fans were expecting something to negate the INT, every Dwag was also expecting something to save them. Look at the two Dwag fans e$ECpn highlighted after the pick; the guy with the glasses and red paint on his chest, and then the guy with the black Nike hat. Even the Dwag radio guys were waiting for the refs to help them out with a flag.

I just know that if DJ dropped the ball after being down (his knee hit before he tried to get back up) that the refs would have ruled incomplete if GT regained the ball or fumble if UGAg got it. I assume that DJ did not hear a whistle (which were on a 4 second delay this game anyway) after his knee hit so he sat back down keeping control of the ball as he did.

Those refs sucked and God was watching.

DJ f'n White. What a play. One that will be a legend at The Flats for decades.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Never in my whole life was I so happy to have a linebacker miss tipping a pass. Thanks for the effort anyway McNair.

Just like GT fans were expecting something to negate the INT, every Dwag was also expecting something to save them. Look at the two Dwag fans e$ECpn highlighted after the pick; the guy with the glasses and red paint on his chest, and then the guy with the black Nike hat. Even the Dwag radio guys were waiting for the refs to help them out with a flag.

I just know that if DJ dropped the ball after being down (his knee hit before he tried to get back up) that the refs would have ruled incomplete if GT regained the ball or fumble if UGAg got it. I assume that DJ did not hear a whistle (which were on a 4 second delay this game anyway) after his knee hit so he sat back down keeping control of the ball as he did.

Those refs sucked and God was watching.

DJ f'n White. What a play. One that will be a legend at The Flats for decades.
Don't forget Freeman's play right before this one. If he hadn't turned Chubb back inside, he had a clear path to the left pylon.