Tech opens as 20 point dogs to Miami

herb

Helluva Engineer
0-5-1 or 0-6 on the year against the spread, depending on the line you got last week.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it’s clear most teams on the schedule could beat us by 40 if they left starters in and stayed focused. We will see much closers games because,like Duke, teams won’t stay focused and we will make enough plays to get within 20
Sad but true...

Deleted member 2897

I think it’s clear most teams on the schedule could beat us by 40 if they left starters in and stayed focused. We will see much closers games because,like Duke, teams won’t stay focused and we will make enough plays to get within 20

Fake Boos.

Both Duke and Carolina played their starters until way late in the game. And for good reason - while the game did blow open early, you don't pull starters in the first half, and we gradually pulled back within 2 scores after halftime.

Deleted member 2897

Here we go again - keep betting for the opponent to cover until they don't. Keep donating the proceeds to the GTAA. Just like with Duke, 20 points seems a bit high for me, so I'm only betting the bare minimum again. Miami is a dumpster fire this year, has no home crowd advantage, and I could easily see a backdoor cover if its like 35-10 late in the game and they pull players.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Here we go again - keep betting for the opponent to cover until they don't. Keep donating the proceeds to the GTAA. Just like with Duke, 20 points seems a bit high for me, so I'm only betting the bare minimum again. Miami is a dumpster fire this year, has no home crowd advantage, and I could easily see a backdoor cover if its like 35-10 late in the game and they pull players.
Let's also not forget, we just got way behind the 8-ball at Duke with short fields, the blocked punt TD, etc. We outplayed them in the 2nd half. That same Duke team embarassed VPI on the road. Same VPI team that beat Miami a week ago. So I don't think it would be some massive fluke for us to beat any of these teams, we just have to keep it together for an entire game.

Deleted member 2897

Let's also not forget, we just got way behind the 8-ball at Duke with short fields, the blocked punt TD, etc. We outplayed them in the 2nd half. That same Duke team embarassed VPI on the road. Same VPI team that beat Miami a week ago. So I don't think it would be some massive fluke for us to beat any of these teams, we just have to keep it together for an entire game.

Other than Georgia, every other game on our schedule is a possible win. JG was 15/35. Hard to sustain drives like that. If we can get 2-3 extra catchable balls actually caught, if he can clean up just 2-3 more of his passes, and if the OL can give him extra time on just 2-3 more throws, that's all it takes for us to put up 30+ points.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Graham ranks last or near last nationally in completion percentage and passing efficiency... And the defense is a problem apparently. They need to run the ball more because passing has been terrible. Some of the stats are even skewed... When you are winning a game 38-7 the whole dynamic of that game changes. It is pretty well known the other team takes their foot off the gas, etc.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Well, why haven’t they? You do know this stuff charted and both UNC & Duke left their starters in for 95% of the snaps

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You know... after following Tech for more decades than I can remember, I figure we'll beat Miami.

Not because we have any reason on paper to do so but just because we are Tech and once a season, we do at least one thing that makes no damn sense.
Yeah that was losing to Citadel, so that's already been taken care of. I still think we win 2 more games this year, but I have zero clue what 2 games those might be.