tech media coverage

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Just discovering again that Tech gets zero media attention in Atlanta. Our so called Flagship station 680 only mentions us when they are promoting the station and they have 4 or 5 uga jocks working at the station. Throw that in with WSB radio & TV that fall all over themselves with interviews and talk , it's enough to gag a Tech fan!

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Just discovering again that Tech gets zero media attention in Atlanta. Our so called Flagship station 680 only mentions us when they are promoting the station and they have 4 or 5 uga jocks working at the station. Throw that in with WSB radio & TV that fall all over themselves with interviews and talk , it's enough to gag a Tech fan!
Joe does his thing on the morning show for 680. Lots of talking heads on the show though.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
All about the numbers - it is at least 90-10 UGAG fans over GT fans - might be closer to 95-5. In the state I live in, the rivalry is much closer in number of fans - probably 65-35 Bammer.

Why would the media outlets not feed the masses?
I would think when we have a station listed as our flagship station that we would get more love. I tuned into 680 a couple hours before the game last week and it was like visiting the Humane Society - nothing but mutts.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
All about the numbers - it is at least 90-10 UGAG fans over GT fans - might be closer to 95-5. In the state I live in, the rivalry is much closer in number of fans - probably 65-35 Bammer.

Why would the media outlets not feed the masses?

My wife is a Gamecock. I am amazed at how evenly split SC is between them and Clem.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I would think when we have a station listed as our flagship station that we would get more love. I tuned into 680 a couple hours before the game last week and it was like visiting the Humane Society - nothing but mutts.
Tried to get post game yet it was the Braves game. Don't work homie.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Only way to change this is to win and grow the fanbase. Moving to a different station for gameday calls would help with consistency, having Andy develop into a true "Voice of the Yellow Jackets" akin to Al Cirado, Wes Durham, or other greats like John Ward would help but winning is the ultimate cure, and specifically evening the series with UGA back towards 5-5/decade

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
This is trolling….

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Some of you may not remember when Coley Harvey was covering GT for the Macon newspaper. He is a great journalist and covered Tech like the morning dew. I still miss him.
Remember Harley Bowers? For a very long period of time, the Macon Telegraph covered the Jackets as well as, if not better than, the AJC. Even when the AJC had quality sports writers (yes, I am that old and there was a time when this statement was true!)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So should gtaa insist that the private radio station give us better coversge when the hotel at gt conference center hass Sec network and NO ACC network.??

Or after the Saturdsy night game the conference center parking garage would not let people just exit.

We have arrogantly run off side walk fans for years so it will take time.
This will be fixed by us being gt ambassadors and enjoying the ride.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
So should gtaa insist that the private radio station give us better coversge when the hotel at gt conference center hass Sec network and NO ACC network.??

Or after the Saturdsy night game the conference center parking garage would not let people just exit.

We have arrogantly run off side walk fans for years so it will take time.
This will be fixed by us being gt ambassadors and enjoying the ride.
We need to be on the only sports station that has decent coverage- 92.9 the game, and have an arrangement of a certain percentage of coverage in each segment

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Remember Harley Bowers? For a very long period of time, the Macon Telegraph covered the Jackets as well as, if not better than, the AJC. Even when the AJC had quality sports writers (yes, I am that old and there was a time when this statement was true!)
I grew up in Macon and Harley Bowers would’ve done anything he could to hurt Tech athletics. The Macon Telegraph did have better Tech coverage back in the day compared to now but it was never great back then.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone still wonder why we don't get coverage?
I miss being relevant. Even with the loss of any dedicated coverage on the Athletic, I refresh the GTFB page every day and nothing. No mentions. Even after the UNC win, no one is talking about us. Wonder why. Outside of CGCs knowledge that we are getting better every day we are invisible in the CFB world. It sucks.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
That’s good but I wonder if the Gamecocks being a member of the SEC has a lot to do with that.
My daughter went to Carolina for graduate school, she says it is a culture thing. Carolina fans claim Clemson fans are ignorant rednecks what Clemson fans say in return cannot be posted on this forum.