Tech loses Chris Kirschner from the Atheltic.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Spoke to him in twitter DM when I noticed he wasn’t tweeting about GT this week. He’s doing the Hawks only from now on. Sucks, he was the best and my favorite GT beat.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
The most recent Tech article was written by a dwag: https://theathletic.com/author/tori-mcelhaney/

Looks like she's covering sports across the state. Perhaps Tech lost a dedicated resource. Sucks. I subscribed to The Athetic to follow Tech and ATL United. ATL United gets a weekly article, and it sounds like Tech may be losing some coverage too. Boo. I really want these guys to succeed, they are awesome.

PTCjacket

Banned
The most recent Tech article was written by a dwag: https://theathletic.com/author/tori-mcelhaney/

Looks like she's covering sports across the state. Perhaps Tech lost a dedicated resource. Sucks. I subscribed to The Athetic to follow Tech and ATL United. ATL United gets a weekly article, and it sounds like Tech may be losing some coverage too. Boo. I really want these guys to succeed, they are awesome.

I signed up for the Athletic to get away from the AJC staff and to get better Braves coverage. Of course, soon after they hire those douchebags Dave OBrien and Jeff Schulz. I discontinued my subscription.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
So how many posters here subscribe? Have the articles been in depth? What is the frequency of the articles on Tech? Has it been worth the subscription price? Are the Tech articles archived?

I am thinking about spending some $$.

All opinions welcome.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The Athletic is great! I did wonder what was up with the change in Tech writers.

By the way if you are a fan of teams from more than one city/part of the country, then the Athletic is invaluable. I'm a huge fan of Tech, United, Braves here in the ATL but I'm also a big fan of the Broncos, Avalanche, and Nuggets out in Denver. Being able to get "hometown" coverage of both in one place makes life as a sports fan so much easier.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
If there's no one on Tech anymore, I don't really have any reason to renew.

The guys they got for Braves coverage are awful, and one good United article a week isn't really worth the cost.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I am staying subscribed since I follow a lot of the Fantasy sports, NFL, general NCAA, and Chicago coverage (Blackhawks get a lot of content). Hopefully as time goes on and they grow they can hire more dedicated college staff members. Right now they have 27 teams with dedicated football coverage and 32 with dedicated basketball coverage. They'll undoubtedly want to expand and GT might get a replacement soon as we are still listed as a part of the 27. It would not be hard for them to hire a guy like Ken Sugiura or someone on From the Rumble Seat if they made the right offer.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
I am staying subscribed since I follow a lot of the Fantasy sports, NFL, general NCAA, and Chicago coverage (Blackhawks get a lot of content). Hopefully as time goes on and they grow they can hire more dedicated college staff members. Right now they have 27 teams with dedicated football coverage and 32 with dedicated basketball coverage. They'll undoubtedly want to expand and GT might get a replacement soon as we are still listed as a part of the 27. It would not be hard for them to hire a guy like Ken Sugiura or someone on From the Rumble Seat if they made the right offer.
Where do you see 27 teams listed? Link?

Cam

Helluva Engineer
If you check the article on last night's game released today, Daniel Shirley (The Athletic's Managing Editor) says in the comments section that Tori McElhaney is going to cover GT from now on. Her first two articles have been good, but I really liked Kirschner's work. Here's to hoping Tori can keep up the quality I've seen from the service. I'm interested to see what she covers outside of just game-specific write ups.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
If you check the article on last night's game released today, Daniel Shirley (The Athletic's Managing Editor) says in the comments section that Tori McElhaney is going to cover GT from now on. Her first two articles have been good, but I really liked Kirschner's work. Here's to hoping Tori can keep up the quality I've seen from the service. I'm interested to see what she covers outside of just game-specific write ups.
Bad part is she is a dwag