Tech gets help from Falcons with pass rush

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My son was a friend of Billy Matthis Jr. in high school. Billy Senior took them to a Falcons game. (For those who don't remember, Billy Senior was Joe Namath's FB on the Jets and a Clemson AA.) My son gave me a report afterwards.

During the game, the Falcons looked really bad. One of the other guests looked over at Billy Senior and asked what was wrong with the coaching. Billy Senior almost choked on his beer and popcorn. After he recovered, he said, barely controlling his laughter, "It's not the coaches!"

Same with the Falcons today. Dan Quinn and his colleagues know what they are doing and anyone could learn from them. Their problem is that the D players they have simply aren't that good. It shows up on the field.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I agree besides Shanahan....he is absolutely terrible. I am already getting it trending on Twitter #FireKyleShanahan :)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
so I talk about why or if our defensive staff is trying to learn from others on how to improve a few weeks ago....I asked if this was public and I would love to know if we are doing it because we should

Vioila...AJC article

just saying.... ;)

Now; I will expound on this. The falcons concepts on pass rushing are very sound...their DL personnel is not...but I know what they try to do and I don't mind this...even though they are struggling they have a very multiple concept in how and who they rush, but more specifically how they disguise.

I am good. I am happy we are doing this.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
so I talk about why or if our defensive staff is trying to learn from others on how to improve a few weeks ago....I asked if this was public and I would love to know if we are doing it because we should

Vioila...AJC article

just saying.... ;)

Now; I will expound on this. The falcons concepts on pass rushing are very sound...their DL personnel is not...but I know what they try to do and I don't mind this...even though they are struggling they have a very multiple concept in how and who they rush, but more specifically how they disguise.

My favorite 33 post. And spot on. NFL coaches know what the heck they are doing. They may or may not have the personnel, just as in college. But there are no idiots coaching in the league. I also love the way Quinn and co. approach pass rushing, and these disguising techniques and multiple looks are exactly what 33 (though I don't share his constant gloom and doom ;)) have been hoping for!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
My favorite 33 post. And spot on. NFL coaches know what the heck they are doing. They may or may not have the personnel, just as in college. But there are no idiots coaching in the league. I also love the way Quinn and co. approach pass rushing, and these disguising techniques and multiple looks are exactly what 33 (though I don't share his constant gloom and doom ;)) have been hoping for!
It does help though for the learner to be able get a visual of what's being taught and the on-the-field personnel make that visual come alive. All Quinn can do is markup a whiteboard or review a film and apologize for not being able to show us in live action what he's trying to achieve with his scheme.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Vic has been getting worked...he looks like a little kid trying to get around the Right Tackle with his weak spin nice. They need to stand him up(which they prob will) bc what they are doing now isn't working

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Falcon's problems on D stem from personnel. You look at Seattle Seahawk's roster and you look at Atlanta's roster and tell me what's missing. Seattle's roster is what Quinn had to play with that got him the Atlanta job. He didn't forget how to coach.

Arthur Blank is far nice with the guys buying the ingredients for the chef.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Vioila...AJC article

just saying.... ;)

I'm telling you...Ken Suguira and the AJC have been scouring GT message boards for years. It's not a coincidence that the things we discuss turn up on the AJC over and over again. Kinda smart if you think about trying to write the things fans from your beat want to read.