Tech favored over Duke

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no inkling, but I expect us to win every game we play. That's the fan in me. Realistically, I understand we're not there yet. But, I go into every game expecting us to win and perform well. I've been disappointed a couple of times this year and pleasantly surprised a couple of times.
I'm not following the logic. If you expect us to win every game, wouldn't that prevent you from ever being pleasantly surprised by a win?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not following the logic. If you expect us to win every game, wouldn't that prevent you from ever being pleasantly surprised by a win?
Nope. I’m pseudo-schizophrenic. Not to make light of a serious mental illness, but I have two minds and two personalities when it comes to GT sports. I used to have only one and it made me miserable to be around game day, win or lose, so I’ve….evolved.

The fan in me is the eternal optimist, thinking we’ll win every game we play. The realist in me says we aren’t there yet, but I’m staying optimistic.

So, because I’m a Gemini and allowed to have a dual personality, I chose both. And im happier that way.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
We're going to wipe them off the field. The Pitt game was the first game I really saw our OL and DL get manhandled. Nothing I've seen from Duke this season leads me to believe there's going to be a similar OL/DL performance from them.
Sorry, but I think you are delusional. On coaching alone versus our staff, Duke will make it very difficult to get a win. Predict they will either block a punt, block a FG, have a great return on a punt, FG or KO, and maybe more than one of these. Cut doesn't have more talent, but he has a way of using it much better, especially against us.

Jmonty71

Banned
To me, this is a coin flip.. I wished I had a solid base to judge our team off. With that said. We'll either blow them out 44-17 type score or we'll lose 24-21 type score... I really don't even know which team will show up, at this point.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the Pitt experience (and the NIU game) are the outliers here. Against Pitt, we had 2 unlucky (probably avoidable, but not direct mistakes) picks that got us 2 scores down in the first quarter. We played the whole game without our starting guards at full health and without our top receiver in McGowan. Even still, we kept up yardage-wise. Defense, I don't really have an explanation, that was just bad. Against NIU, first game, Sims playing with one eye closed or something (I know Sims is good, he just had a really weird game. If he hits any one of his missed throws we win easy).

If we can get the Guards back healthy and/or McGowan, we should be fine. Hopefully we can get some pressure on the QB, or at least not let TEs run free every play.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Three key points in this thread were made by Slugboy, Stech, and Ryan. A huge part of last week's loss was the missing offensive line starters. (Slugboy)

I have watched generations of Tech teams stink it up at Durham. The small stadium and lack of crowd noise make it easy for teams to play flat. (Stech) I'm hoping our putrid effort against Pitt will help us get the energy needed to get a win this week.

If we can get this win, we have a bye week and a great chance to regroup. Study film and see what needs tweaking. Maybe adjust some lineups And get people healthy. Maybe we'll finally see that
rush end people talk about. (Ryan)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
To me, this is a coin flip.. I wished I had a solid base to judge our team off. With that said. We'll either blow them out 44-17 type score or we'll lose 24-21 type score... I really don't even know which team will show up, at this point.
I agree with this. Either we blow them out, or they win a close game. We are favored for a reason...I just can't think of why.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I think we lose to Duke. And every remaining game this year. And after a heart wrenching “Win one for the Gipper” speech, we beat UGA, deny them the Natty, and extend Collins contract another seven years. And build him a statue next to ... Bud Carson.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I think we lose to Duke. And every remaining game this year. And after a heart wrenching “Win one for the Gipper” speech, we beat UGA, deny them the Natty, and extend Collins contract another seven years. And build him a statue next to ... Bud Carson.
Boo