Tech fans are so freaking BIPOLAR!!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I don't see any Kevin Bacons on the forum.
kevin-bacon-as-kevin-bacon.jpg

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It follows a pretty intuitive pattern, or so it seems to me. At the end of last year you see our team running over several big time defenses. You return the quarterback and four of five linemen. You wonder about the new backs, but in the two cupcakes, they look fine. Then suddenly you see a throwback to PJs first couple of years. Defenders in the quarterback's face a second after the snap totally disrupting the timing. A passing game which looks like something we never practice. No pass protection. Receivers not getting separation. When we finally get a receiver behind the defense, the quarterback fires it on a line instead of lofting it. So yeah, you overreact.

Then you start to realize that no, we haven't regressed years. We did play a bad game. No team is really x good or y good, but every week they play a little different. And you realize the problems are fixable, so you go back to thinking things really will be okay. If you need help, you can think back to last year when, after losing to Duke and UNC and with many better games remaining, we could have had another one of the awful 7 win seasons. Instead, we improved on both sides of the ball and finished strong.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I have 2 words for the doom and gloom crowd...
BILL LEWIS
That was the equivalent Great Depression for Tech Football. . We cant/wont get any worse and have learned so much since then.
We are still in play for ACCCG. Let's focus in dookie....stop watching espn and right the wreck!

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
BILL LEWIS
That was the equivalent Great Depression for Tech Football. . We cant/wont get any worse and have learned so much since then.
We are still in play for ACCCG. Let's focus in dookie....stop watching espn and right the wreck!
ON.

FIFY. lol

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
But hey, I've said from the get go that 8.5 was the number for me. I'm unsure now about 9 wins, because with that clinic on tape on how to rattle our O, you know Bud Foster is trapped in a film room somewhere with the smell of cats and feces wafting as he scribbles diagrams on empty Starbucks cups.

yep, and he's got Miami, uga, fsu, dook on the phone also
as per normal basic approach vs our Offense--- ignore the WRs and play 9 on 9 , stop the bback inside and bring the safeties up close to shut down all else -and hope--it can work

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This! Of course, when I suggested something like this early in the year-- I was poo-pooed. o_O We aren't that great this year. But, I hope we'll be good. Very good.
We could be great, it all depends on our improvement curve. If it matches last year, we will. That's a tough mark to hit, however.

rosebud78

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm chocking up last Saturday as, bad day at the office. Everybody has them. I believe we were the best team on the field, regardless of performance/ outcome. IF Ohio st. Can win NC after losing to a barely bowl eligible VT, last year, it is my belief we can get our minds right and run the table, after one bad day at the office! Go jackets!

rosebud78

Georgia Tech Fan
Teams that had a bad day at the office this week:
Alabama
So cal
Us
And had one but pulled it out of you know where...
Ohio state
Ucla
Not bad company imo.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BILL LEWIS

image.png

Love the Bill Lewis comparison to the Great Depression. The truth.

I don't see many people getting that disproportionately upset about something they care about.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
And Alabama and USC fell farther than we did...that's gotta count for something.
I keep feeling we got our butts kicked but we did drive for two field goal attempts and a TD called back. IIRC no. 9 was still on the field when we put up 15 at the end.

Duke is going to be tough but we learned that last year. We should be ready this Saturday but our O is not good with one dimension. We have to keep them honest with some passing. That we did not have last Sat.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Losing the talent last year at the back positions and WR was a concern going into this season. I am not expecting a year like last year, although, I think the team will be good. It always worries me when GT starts getting a lot of hype and we start talking about the polls. There is a lot of football left and hopefully the younger guys will step up and the older guys will provide the needed leadership. The success to last year was that they played with that prove to the world attitude and were a TEAM...I still remember the team circling Snoddy at the Clemson game last year...that epitomized the season for me.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
BILL LEWIS

OUCH ! That's below the belt.:inpain:
I've seen another board that was more doom and gloom posters..
Hope I'll never relive that era again.:vomit:

The past is the past and now it's time to focus on Duke:poop:. Both teams are coming off a non-conference lost. Should make for a great ACC match-up. #RevengeTime :sneaky:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
BILL LEWIS
I once used those two words in a sentence and was castigated and warned the next time the heavens would open and the earth would swallow me up. Please check in.