Tech expected to win by 8 points

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Watching the bowl game tonight it was showing upcoming bowls and it had us winning by eight points according to the espn football power index. Thoughts?

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Surprised since the spread is 3 but I will be thrilled if we win by 8. I am really interested to see if we can slow down their running game and if we show more of the passing game that we saw vs U(sic)GA.

Animal02

Banned
The spread is based on people placing bets. "The Football Power Index is a predictive measure of team strength that uses the EPA breakdowns that correlate most with future results. The efficiency rankings are the point contributions for the Off/Def/Special Teams units to the team’s opponent-adjusted scoring margin per game (Overall EPA). Ratings update daily."

Tech
Rank 14th Off 16.5 Def 2.87 ST 0.30 Overall 19.70 FPI 17.3

Ole Miss
Rank 36th Off 8.63 Def 4.51 ST (-) 1.07 Overall 12.07 FPI 9.1

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
It's because their metric doesn't account for turnover margin very well. Before the Clemson game we were ranked just as good as them on the same metric

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I just heard on the sport's newscast this morning that GT is picked by the betting oddsmakers as an official 3 1/2 point underdog. The 8 point underdog of Ole Miss to Tech is not correct according to them. It is only an ESPN person who said this. Any comments on this issue? I don't know, this is only the information I heard on the morning TV news.

Animal02

Banned
I just heard on the sport's newscast this morning that GT is picked by the betting oddsmakers as an official 3 1/2 point underdog. The 8 point underdog of Ole Miss to Tech is not correct according to them. It is only an ESPN person who said this. Any comments on this issue? I don't know, this is only the information I heard on the morning TV news.

The 8 point win is based on the ESPN Football Power Index predictor.....not the betting odds.