Tech bigger than GA??

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Ten years ago, the University of Georgia was the largest university in the state with 34,677 students. But as of this year, UGA is the fourth-largest despite a record enrollment of 39,147.

Georgia State University has been the state's largest for several years, after the Atlanta school's merger with the state's largest two-year college.

Now, both Georgia Tech and Kennesaw State University have passed UGA in enrollment after a decade of explosive growth, according to figures released this week by the University System of Georgia, comprising the state's 26 public colleges and universities.

Tech has nearly doubled its enrollment in 10 years, from 20,721 in fall 2010 to 39,771 in this fall. Just in the past year, Tech grew by 9%, adding more than 4,000 additional students; its enrollment in fall 2019 was 34,489.
Athens Banner Herald

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
President Cabrera - Aug. 2022
Dear Friends:

Last week, I had the pleasure of taking the podium at Bobby Dodd Stadium to welcome another record-breaking class to Georgia Tech. After receiving more than 50,000 applications for first-year admission — a record for the Institute as well as the state — we welcomed our largest overall enrollment in history this fall with more than 46,000 students. Our incoming class set another high watermark with nearly 3,700 first-years and nearly 1,400 transfers from other universities

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
The online masters degrees are growing rapidly.

Tech is using the only 1990s Tech approach - easy to get in, hard to get out.

The intro classes have literally thousands of students. Like 2,000-3,000 students in one class. The capstone courses (final courses) enroll less than 100.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Do graduate students pay student athletic fees? If not, can we get them to? $500 per student for 20,000 students is $10 million, or our own Big 10!

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how many of the transfers in are from the Legacy program? I would hope that my kids would consider that if they don't get entry from high school.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
We absolutely pay those fees. Even a purely online student like me. 😢
The OMSA and OMSCS do not pay those fees along with the other on campus fees. But those students get no on campus privileges (no library access, career services, football tickets, etc)

OMSA is under $10,000 for the degree.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I looked on line and from what I can tell the online faster programs only have a technology fee.

Screenshot_20220909-211056.jpg