Team Character

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The difference between the 1st and 2nd half was remarkable. There can be no question this team will fight, fight and fight some more. The kind of character reflected by the Tech SAs reflect on the coaches recruiting the type of young men we should always be proud of and support 100%! Great win Jackets!!!!
Agree 100%...but you forgot the "bleed a while" part...;)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I wish the majority of our fanbase had a similar never say die mentality. I wish we had 2 Swarm chats...one for quitters / negative Nancy's and another for those that don't quit on the team when a bit of adversity strikes.

Great win jackets...Wake was a solid team. Our guys finished though and earned the W.

BigJacket

Banned
Amazing comeback in second half, complete turnaround. It's only happened a couple of times in CPJ's career that we've been able to come back and win after being down by more than 7 points at the half. I will gladly eat some crow pie. Go Jackets

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
The difference between the 1st and 2nd half was remarkable. There can be no question this team will fight, fight and fight some more. The kind of character reflected by the Tech SAs reflect on the coaches recruiting the type of young men we should always be proud of and support 100%! Great win Jackets!!!!

From CPJ last night lol. “I think we had way more energy in the second half than in the first half. There was a little more sense of urgency. I don’t know. If you can figure out what’s going to happen with 18-22 year olds, good luck to you. I’ve been doing this for 39 years and I couldn’t tell you.”

BigJacket

Banned
If Clemson's QB is out, do we have a decent shot at the upset? Or has Clemson become too big a mountain to climb right now?

If he's out, we got a shot. But from what I've been reading, Kelly Bryant will be back. Dabo said he was ahead of schedule. Bryant is a true dual threat, the other guys not as much and they're a bit green

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Clemson's QB is out, do we have a decent shot at the upset? Or has Clemson become too big a mountain to climb right now?

Wow, getting right to the red meat of the next week. I think we have a 10% chance to beat Clemson (Atomic gives us a 23% chance which doesn't factor in the bye week or one loss last game) without their 1st string QB. Our D and ST are just too weak.

But if we get all the turnovers we haven't been getting, that could do it. E.g. we need Clemson to Clemson.

That was a lot more likely if they were undefeated than coming off a loss and two weeks to stew on it. They will come out fresh and nasty. Being bigger, stronger and faster on average, we need to weather the first half and pray for turnovers.

BigJacket

Banned
Wow, getting right to the red meat of the next week. I think we have a 10% chance to beat Clemson (Atomic gives us a 23% chance which doesn't factor in the bye week or one loss last game) without their 1st string QB. Our D and ST are just too weak.

But if we get all the turnovers we haven't been getting, that could do it. E.g. we need Clemson to Clemson.

That was a lot more likely if they were undefeated than coming off a loss and two weeks to stew on it. They will come out fresh and nasty. Being bigger, stronger and faster on average, we need to weather the first half and pray for turnovers.

10% if Bryant plays sounds about right. If he's out then I think 20-25% range is prob accurate and we still need to win TO margin prob by at least two.

ESPN's predictor thing gives us a 13% chance to win

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We got a chance against Clemson. The main thing is not to come out flat. We just can not get behind the chains against them and expect to be competitive. We must matriculate the ball right down the field on a consistent basis. While I personally do not expect to beat Clemson, I think our coaches and players do and that is what is really most important.

Go Jackets!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Seriously. I stopped looking at chat because I just couldn’t take it anymore.

/

And their usual insult to those of us who believe in the team is that we need to take off out gold tinted glasses. To that I say screw you, a fan is SUPPOSED to view their team in a positive light. It doesn't mean to ignore negative things but to be realistic, something those "fans" can't do under most circumstances.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
And their usual insult to those of us who believe in the team is that we need to take off out gold tinted glasses. To that I say screw you, a fan is SUPPOSED to view their team in a positive light. It doesn't mean to ignore negative things but to be realistic, something those "fans" can't do under most circumstances.

so much this. My philosophy for life is to try to live out the Stockdale Paradox. We're a good team this year (i have no idea how good as we've played really good teams and really bad teams, not much in between) and one should always wear gold tinted glasses. Going too much on wearing gold plated glasses gets Les Miles and Mike Leach fired and being too negative is just a pain to be around.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Remember, Watson came back too early in 2014, and we knocked him out and capitalized on it and won. It could happen with Bryant too.

we also won on without a doubt the worst QB performance of this century. Cole Stoudt compelted as many passes to GT as he did to Clemson. And DW still led Clemson in total passing yards after only being in there one and a half drives.

we also won on without a doubt the worst QB performance of this century. Cole Stoudt compelted as many passes to GT as he did to Clemson. And DW still led Clemson in total passing yards after only being in there one and a half drives.
But we took advantage of the situation and won the game. It COULD happen again, although I am not really expecting it.