Team Building With The Program

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
You know, I went through something a little like this in high school back in the Dark Ages. It was fun, but it made no difference in our season and how the team worked. I know this because the year the coaches tried it we didn't do as well as we expected. As losses mounted, the level of teamwork and commitment decreased.

Or, to put it more simply, the way to build a team is to win. It really is that simple.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
You know, I went through something a little like this in high school back in the Dark Ages. It was fun, but it made no difference in our season and how the team worked. I know this because the year the coaches tried it we didn't do as well as we expected. As losses mounted, the level of teamwork and commitment decreased.

Or, to put it more simply, the way to build a team is to win. It really is that simple.
Maybe you guys just had the wrong like of people? But way to **** on the team and what they are trying to accomplish.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck

Sounds like a lack of player leadership on that team.

And winning isn’t simple. The concept is, but everyone is trying to win. Hene for

Doing stuff like this builds camaraderie, toughness, and grit. You also find out who is willing to grind it out when things get tough and who is soft.

Mostly it’s a fun team bonding experience focused on growth.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer

You must be onto something, I would suggest you take this up with our armed forces then. I guess the Navy Seals and Green Berets have been doing it wrong for years.

You must have never been a part of a high-level team.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Maybe you guys just had the wrong like of people? But way to **** on the team and what they are trying to accomplish.
Oh, come off it. I didn't;t say it wouldn't work - though I doubt it will;. What I said was that winning is the way to build teams. I say this, btw, after being part of several winning teams at both the high school and collegiate level.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
You must be onto something, I would suggest you take this up with our armed forces then. I guess the Navy Seals and Green Berets have been doing it wrong for years.

You must have never been a part of a high-level team.
I was, actually. The problem with your analogy is that in the armed forces there is a major force behind team building: the defense of the country. Despite the way many football fans look at it, winning college football games is not on the same level. If it was, motivation would be a lot easier.

I might add, however, that one of the main objectives of military operations is to win and, as a consequence, demoralize opponents.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Doing stuff like this builds camaraderie, toughness, and grit. You also find out who is willing to grind it out when things get tough and who is soft.

Mostly it’s a fun team bonding experience focused on growth.
1. You find that out in games as the season progresses.

2. No argument. But fun doesn't always translate into wins.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
1. You find that out in games as the season progresses.

2. No argument. But fun doesn't always translate into wins.
Fun translates to improved recruiting, which leads to better talent, which leads to wins, which leads to more fun, which leads to better recruiting,…rinse and repeat.

but, I never did this at the collegiate level, so I’ll leave to you that did to tell me I’m wrong.