TCU vs u(sic)ga

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
Dude, grow up. I’m talking about their offensive system. Stop being so obsessed with them. They run around with gold shoulder pads, flex gold in a lot of their media graphics, and if somebody from Tech even mentions UGA or wears a hint of red it’s like the worst thing in the world.

UGA runs a very efficient, very tough to defend offense. If Georgia Tech would emulate Georgia’s offensive system we would be in a much better place.
Amen!

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
That game was a joke and just shows what a joke college football is becoming with a no.3 team being blown out that badly. There really are only maybe 3-4 teams at the moment that are at the level UGA is at.
The peach bowl looked like more of a match than this game.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
That game was a joke and just shows what a joke college football is becoming with a no.3 team being blown out that badly. There really are only maybe 3-4 teams at the moment that are at the level UGA is at.
I think it's a great argument against playoff expansion. You do want 4 teams vs. the BCS 2 because sometimes the best team in the country does have a mid-season slip up and finishes at #3 or #4. We've never seen the best team in the country (and there's usually 1 or 2 who could be considered for that spot) end the season in the 5 spot or below. It's too bad OSU had injury problems all season (and during the game w/ Marvin Harrison Jr.) but we still got an all-timer semifinal from that matchup.

slugboy

Staff member
EDIT: I probably didn’t express myself as well as I should have.

Bad championship games happen in football. There are a lot of Superbowls that aren't super, even though the conference championship games are all-time classics. It happens. The NFL is a lot more of a level playing field than NCAA football, and there have been championship blowouts just as bad there.

It’s a fact of life in the NBA, MLB, and most sports. How many bad NBA finals have you seen?

NCAA baseball has one of the best systems for making sure that the best teams make it to the college world series, but you have to play a ton of games to make that happen. And, you have to have a losers bracket so a team can fight their way back after blowing a game.

We added the BCS because the bowl games weren’t doing a good enough job getting the best matchups. Then, we added Semi-finals. Expanded playoffs should mean more good games, but there will be bad games, and some of them will be bad championship games.

TCU had one of the best resumes in NCAA football. Then, they beat Michigan to earn their way into the championship. If they weren’t deserving, Michigan should have thrashed them. Then, TCU got beaten worse than I’ve seen in ages.

Playing “Transitive” football won’t get you far. UGA barely beat Ohio State. Michigan beat Ohio State, but lost to TCU. TCU has a lot of good wins under their belt. They’re definitely a top 15 program.

UGA beat #16 LSU by 20. Tennessee was possibly the second best team in the SEC, and they beat them by two TDs and held their high powered offense to 13 points. They beat Miss State 45-19, and the fact they held Miss State to so few points is pretty impressive. They beat South Carolina 48-7, and we’ve seen how good South Carolina is this year. They beat Oregon 49-3.

We played UGA better than TCU did, and we played them better than LSU did. I don’t think we’re better than either team—we had a better one-game result though.

The Bama fans I know are talking about how it should have been a team like Bama in the playoffs, but I could see UGA beating Bama really badly.

I think there’s a big gap between the #1 team and the next 5. TCU wasn’t as good of a matchup as OSU, Mich, or Tennessee (with a healthy QB) would have been, but UGA was ready and hyped for that championship game. If the games were switched where Mich and OSU played in the semis, I could easily see TCU giving UGA a heck of a game in the semis and UGA stomping the B1G winner in the championship. The championship is a different game.

Last edited: