1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Tax & spenders rejoicing across the land

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by LibertyTurns, May 7, 2018.

1. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Pardons have always been this way and always will. Obama and Clinton pardoned big donors. Everybody does. Pardons seem like such an ancient relic to me in this day and age. But then I see the single mom who was sentenced to 28 years for drugs set free. I just wish Presidents were smart and mature enough with that power.

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

3. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Are these folks Republicans? I guess the media got it wrong then, huh?

State Sen. Cristina Castro, D-Elgin, who serves on the Joint Commission on Ethics and Lobbying Reform, issued the following statement:
    “Rod Blagojevich’s sentence was commuted because he is friends with the president and appeared on his realty show (“Celebrity Apprentice” on NBC), and no other reason. The misdeeds he committed while governor of our great state are disgraceful and embarrassing, and it’s a shame that his friendship with the president affords him the luxury of not facing the full consequences of his actions.”

On Twitter, Illinois Comptroller Susana Mendoza said, “No surprise, birds of a feather flock together.”

Said U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.: “Former Gov. Blagojevich betrayed the people of Illinois and engaged in a pattern of corrupt behavior for which he was held accountable and which cost him more than seven years of freedom. At a time when corruption by elected officials is still in the headlines, Illinois and Washington should move quickly to establish stricter ethics requirements, including the full detailed disclosure of income, net worth, and income tax returns by all elected officials.”

4. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

Yes, they are the Republicans - this just highlights how most everyone thinks this was a bad move, not just the media.

5. Technut1990

Technut1990 Helluva Engineer

6. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

This is so tiring. The same thing happened under Obama, and Bush, and Clinton. They pardon their friends and donors. They pardon a lot of deserving people too. Everyone not on that President's side cries and moans. Every time it happens its unprecedented, nobody has ever abused justice like this before. Yawn.

Technut1990 likes this.
  7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

8. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

9. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

11. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  12. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Fill in the blank
    upload_2020-3-25_15-50-4.jpeg

13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Take your money and put it in our pocket. Then take our penis and put it into your bottom.

14. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

I’d request that post get nuked if I were you.

15. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Yea I guess maybe I should have said then bend over and get financially raped.

They can delete this one and the other if they want, won't bother me. Or it won't bother me nearly enough as being taken out to the woodshed by Congress the way we are.