1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Tax & spenders rejoicing across the land

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by LibertyTurns, May 7, 2018.

1. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Well back in the day if you were trying to mail a ballot from say east Africa then you drop it in the military mailbox of sorts. Can’t remember when but I think it was after the first Gulf War they made mailing letters back home free therefore postmarking became optional if I remember the rules correctly. It’s not like your house where the mailman shows up 6 days a week. It could be weeks before mail that’s collected gets transported to the next unit for further transfer back to the states to get processed like regular mail. There is a deadline date and time for ballots to make it to the voting precincts in order to be counted. 2,411 ballots (vast majority military) in the 2000 election did not make it and were rejected. I believe they were counted independently afterwards & as expected would have increased Bush’s margin of victory, however Florida state law prevented them from being counted in the recount despite being in the state precinct’s possession prior to the deadline. You can guess which precincts leave military ballots laying around uncounted and which ones don’t by looking at any voting results map.

My particular case my ballot was not received until weeks afterward, despite filling it out and mailing it the same day I received the absentee ballot as did everyone else in my unit from every state in the union which was weeks to more than a month before the election. In addition, we had the misfortune of our ballots not being postmarked so there was no indication which date/time they were in the government’s possession. I guess postmarking was effectively more a process to cancel a stamp so it could not be used again, but in this case there were no stamps required so no need to postmark. The argument was we could have filled our ballots out after the election in the attempt to defraud the process & sway the election. It was preposterous to anyone involved given the units & operations involved plus the timeline, but then again this wasn’t about us. It was about who would win the election.

GT_05 likes this.
  2. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

And there you go...you have given away the fact that you are in fact racist (or at the very least totally biased). All I mentioned was that originally voters were taxpayers. In fact, nothing in our original voting laws excluded black, brown or immigrants (generally). But, you immediately decided that *you* knew what I meant in your glorious wisdom....as so often Progressives do.

Glad to see the real you out in the open now.

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Well at least take some solice that from slavery to civil rights it is Republicans who throughout history have corrected and ended all the racist Democrats ills on society.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  4. LibertyTurns

Conservatives believe in opportunity. Liberals believe in outcomes. What people want are not that much different. How the sides think they should get there and what they believe they are entitled to are just about as far apart as you can get. Who controls the power is nearly a knife fight.

MWBATL and Whiskey_Clear like this.
  5. Lotta Juice

Lotta Juice Ramblin' Wreck

Again, for the third time, I never alleged that America is a pure democracy.

I think Churchill sums it up nicely, "No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

6. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

It is the best of the worst indeed. If we had stuck to our original charter, I wonder how much better this country would be now.

7. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

You wrote that my quote, which was referring to pure democracy, was unAmerican and unpatriotic so your reply made me believe that you think that pure democracy is American and patriotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Lotta Juice

Your quote just said democracy. Burden of clarity is on you

9. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

For the second time that post was a direct reply to another’s statement on pure democracy. It really shouldn’t be so hard for you to connect those dots.

Plus....he just did clarify it. Dayum.

GT_05 likes this.
  10. GT_05

GT_05 Helluva Engineer

It was clear if you bothered to look at what I replied to. Burden of reading comprehension is on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  11. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Racist!

12. Lotta Juice

Yeah I saw what you replied to. Someone who doesn't know what a pure democracy is and somehow equates citizens having equal voting rights as "pure democracy". Sad.

13. Lotta Juice

14. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

How is calling out that a woman with boorish behavior does not have a husband racist? Oh my Lord have we gone off the deep end. Thanks for reinforcing my point.

GT_05 likes this.
  15. LibertyTurns

He’s probably never had a job where people whispered behind his back as to how he got it. It’s then when you realize who’s potentially on your side and who’s most definitely not.

16. Lotta Juice

I guess ask your conservative buddies over at redstate.com. They seem to see it.

17. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Nice dodge. You guys love to throw around vile inflammatory insults and then run away like a scared child when asked to back it up.

18. Lotta Juice

And so you throw around false accusations. Class. Act.

19. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

If you don’t want to be accused of falsely accusing people of racism, you have two options:
    1) Don’t frequently accuse people of racism.
    2) If someone challenges you on the validity of it, then respond back with supporting information.

20. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

@Lotta Juice is clearly just a leftie troll whose objective is to annoy and inflame, not to actually try to exchange ideas and discuss or debate.